“Great 3 star hotel ”

Smart Hotel Milano Centrale
Ranked #333 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Can't understand all the bad reviews as hotel is great location, clean and tidy! U get what u pay for and I got more than I expected! Rooms are modern and clean, supermarket across road and central station only a few mins walk!! Plenty of nearby places for food and drinks!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel just one night to catch the early transfer to Linate. The location is perfect, right outside the train station and a stone's throw away from the transfer to the airport. Rooms are ok and bathroom clean. Recommended when you need to be close to the station.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2013

All I needed for my short business trip was a good location close to the Central station, a bed and a shower. I got all these at Idea Hotel, for a good price. Unfortunately the Internet connection is poor (but you pay quite a price for it). Due to demolishing works in the neighbourhood there is a lot of noise during the day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The reception staff were helpful and the room was serviced. However on our first morning, as the dining room opened at 6.30am and we wanted to be at our tour meeting place at 7am we only had 15 minutes for our included breakfast. We were not offered a breakfast box so we thought we would go to breakfast a few minutes early and have cereal. The waitress ushered us out of the dining room and would not let us in one minute before. Then as my husband who was a bit exhausted by travel and a naturally slow eater was taking too long to eat the small amount on his plate. I took him a few pieces of cake and said wrap it up and eat it later when you are more up for eating. We didn't think this was a big deal as most places we had stayed in had muesli bars and on the go foods in the buffet. However this waitress started screaming at us and then yelling down to the attendant on ground floor (at reception) from the mezzanine level. The receptionist staff member started to yell in English (I think trying to appease her), "You cannot take food from the dining area". This was embarrassing and uncalled for. We asked him to call us a cab and left. The next morning I left my handbag in the room so I could not be accused of taking any food but still this waitress prowled like a guard dog. This experience made me feel uncomfortable. My husband ordered coffee from her and the only time she smiled or seemed pleasant to us in two days was as she gave him one beautifully presented cappuccino and one flat and plain. He brought them to our table and said 'guess which one is for you'. I laughed and said 'it was you who wrapped the cake, not me'. All jokes aside, this experience soured my view of hotel idea milano centrale, so because of this woman I would not recommend this hotel to my friends. Also, although this hotel at €172 euro for two nights was good value for money, I was surprised and unhappy we were charged €16 city tax when we were notified by booking.com of needing to pay city tax in Italy of about €6. €6 was the most we were charged in all our other accommodation places. This hotel was in a great location for us as it is very near the central train station but it was too far to walk into the city centre. It was two metro trains into the city centre or about €15 in a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Our room smelled disgusting. Moldy, peeling walls. It was disgusting, and probably dangerous. When I asked to switch rooms, the extremely rude receptionist was condescending and refused to switch our room or cancel and refund, even partial, payment. She insisted that I was lying and that the room smelled fine. I couldn't believe she said this because it was a very powerful smell. If you stay here, good luck to you; I hope other rooms are better, but I would never chance it!

Room Tip: I think 503 was my room, and if you are told this is your room- definitely try to get a different ro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great location steps away from Central Station. Modern looking hotel. Excellent price. Good breakfast (for the price).

Although the price was good, the reception was EXTREMELY ARROGANT. Most of them were arrogant but a rude woman named URSULA was the worst I've ever seen in my many travels throughout Italy. She doesn't deserve a job even as a housekeeper. (with Italy in severe financial crisis and so many qualified people unemployed, I think this hotel can do better).

After having to deal with this mad creature at the reception I entered my MOLD INFESTED room with walls peeling due to water leaks. (photo posted here).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Wigder
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I paid €151 for this room for two nights at the end of November! I feel it was a €100 to much! The staff at the reception were very rude. They never said hello or goodby even after making eye contact and when coming or going even when nobody else was in the lobby! When I checked in the girl at front desk gave me a twin room! Clearly I'm with my girlfriend after a few min of trying to explain to her that I booked a double room she gave a tut and moved us to a different room. Anyway so when I went to the room (which was very clean and had lovely decor) I noticed there was a terrible smell from the bathroom like a smell of poop :( I opened the window and left it open for the day! Now when I went to bed I could hear a lot of chat coming from one of the rooms beside us. Could not of been above as I was on 6th floor which was the top floor. I had a few drinks so I did fall asleep pretty fast! But the following night we had the same problem next door again but this time it kept me up! The shower is nice but designed very poorly! Near impossible to have a shower without getting the carpet wet in the room! Reached for the toilet paper and the holder came straight of from the wall! They have napkins which the cover also came off and hit the floor! The beds are comfortable and the room has sky tv with the ability to change the language to English which is cool! There is wifi in the hotel but not free! I think it is 24€ for 24 hours or 3€ for one hour. I didn't have breakfast because I was gone both mornings before is started at 6:30. It was free though! Anyway in my opinion the bad out ways the good and would not recommend this place whatsoever!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple