“Good food and solid service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pane e Tulipani

Pane e Tulipani
Reserve with
Pane e Tulipani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,012 of 8,085 Restaurants in Milan
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Who says that in Milan the restaurants are all the same, has never been at Pane e Tulipani Restaurant, where, thanks to the care of the owners, Laura and Massimo, the pleasure of the good food is flavored by the family warm. Mario is the Chef, from Marche region, in the Centre of Italy. He is able to create magnificent dishes, literally expressions of good taste combined with esthetic. And after a superb plate of Italian food, an excellent glass of wine. Salvatore, from Sicily, will direct you in the discovery of the best wine to enjoy with the right food. What could be better to conclude this tasteful journey than an homemade dessert, prepared by expert hands Both for a romantic dinner or a friendly reunion, don't forget to call Massimo, asking them a reservation to taste the special pizza "Pane e Tulipani" made by Adel the pizzaiolo, cooked in the wooden oven, as the tradition wants. Looking forward to meet you and Pane&Tulipani Restaurant!
Siena, Italy
“Good food and solid service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Ignoring the racial reviews this place does a good, even if not the best, pizza and beer
Central area and an easy grab a bite place.
Not a tourist trap and nice to see one place in Italy where cultures overlap!! Keep it up

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Super food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was recommended by my hotel, and I was a little disconcerted on arrival that I was the only guest. However, before my starter arrived, a few more came trickling in. Very cosmopolitan. Excellent menu - I went for the pizza - it was enormous & delicious - and I just had to have a slice of that "come and get me" gateau! Left feeling quite stuffed - & well satisfied.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bathman
Vermont
“A perfect Italian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We weren't expecting to find a great meal, having just arrived tired and late at our nearby hotel. So we were wonderfully surprised to have such an excellent dinner (recommended by the Hotel Stazione). We ordered several pasta dishes and were not disappointed. Service was really warm and friendly, and the outdoor seating was lovely. We were able to chat with the family at the next table, and walked back to our hotel feeling satisfied and officially welcomed to Italy.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank VermontFamilyOfFour
OC,CA
“Grazie! Food Great...Service Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by Andreas at the Hotel Berna. Our server Nicholas was very friendly, we asked what type of pizza he would recommend. We ordered the Pane Tulipani Special pizza...it was great! My husband ordered the saffron risotto...excellent also. We were both tired from site seeing all day and really wanted a nice casual dinner, this place was perfect! Thank you Nicholas for such great service! Maria :)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank OCGAL11
San Jose
“Wish I never went”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended by our hotel Hotel New York. Not gonna lie that the food is okay But I wish I didn't eat there. Here's my story.
We ordered the Grilled Sea bass. It says 15 Euros on the menu. 2 minutes after we ordered the waitress comes back and said the fish is very small and she will find a bigger fish for us. I thought she was just being nice and of course I wasn't gonna turn that down. So when the fish came out it was pretty big. We could barely finish the whole thing. When the bill comes I was puzzled that the fish cost us 30 Euros. I asked the waitress why that was more than advertised she said cuz the fish was bigger. So my question to her was that why she didn't tell me that the price was going to be doubled for a bigger fish? She said sorry but the owner said Chinese people like bigger fish so give them a bigger fish and they won't complaint. Ok, I was offended by her comment cuz first of all although I'm Chinese and speak fluent Chinese I grew up in the US. For her to assume that I liked bigger fish cuz I was Chinese is kind of offensive regardless she's also Chinese herself. We were not very hungry that night so we didn't want to eat too much food. It was our decision to get whatever sized fish! If you wanted to sell us a bigger fish at least you could have mentioned that the price was going to double! If your menu stated that the fish is priced at per Kg I wouldn't have anything to say but it says 15 Euros for the dish!! Anyone that has ordered a fish at the restaurant would have a basic knowledge of how to order a fish dish! So if you have to eat here, watch out for their little fish scam!!

• Visited May 2013