“Italian cuisine at its best”
Review of Da Bruno

Da Bruno
Reserve with
Da Bruno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,332 of 8,181 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
“Italian cuisine at its best”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We had the antipasti buffet, the tris di pasta and the tuna-carpaccio as primo, as secondo we had the tagliata - in fact EVERYTHING we had there was just delicious. If in doubt let the waiter decide, they are extremely helpful (Thanks to Roberto!). For us a visit to milano without eating at da Bruno is unthinkable. Looking forward to coming back!

1 Thank Benjamac

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Cutchogue, New York
“Veal Osso Bucco to die for”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had the veal Osso Bucco here served over risotto Milanese. Fantastic. The waiter was funny, attentive and very, very helpful. The prices were very reasonable. Close to the Duomo.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bill G
Fort Bragg, California
“Delicious local cuisine”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Da Bruno is a very good restaurant near the Duomo. Very attentive, dressy waiters and very good food. Our antipasta was a generous selection of cured meats. The pasta alla Bruno (sorry I don't remember the exact menu item) had a delicious light tomato sauce. We also had osso bucco which was as good as I've had elsewhere. Da Bruno has a large wine selection.

All in all, this restaurant lived up to the recommendations I've read for it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gary C
Kent, UK
“Be careful”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I ate here with a business colleague on 24 July 13.
It all looks good from the outside. Inside is very old and looks it. Waiting staff arroagnt and unsympathetic. They will choose for you if you are not careful. Wine was not cold enough (White) and too warm (Red). Cover change is a lot. Food dishes served were tep[id and so uncertain if they should have been cold or hot.
This restaurant is past its best and relies on an (old) reputation. Better places to eat elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
Graziella B, Proprietario at Da Bruno, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sir,
sometimes I really wonder why people waste time writing not real facts. I remember you and I remember you enjoy the dinner and your colleague too. We had just a discussion at the moment you ask the bill. You didn't say you needed two receipts and obviously I made one for both of you. You answered me in a very not polite way pretending to have two receipts. Even if it is not possible I did it. My staff is a professional staff. They just suggest the dishes, they don't choice for the customers. Our wines are very good and served at the correct temperature and the dishes too of course. The cover charge is the standard for Italy and correctly indicated on the menu. If you don't want to pay it you can choice a restaurant with paper towels or a fastfood. We are open since the 1939 and we are really pleased to see many customers coming back during all these years. We gained our reputation on the field and we maintained it working every day in a very hard way. We are human and we can make mistakes of course and in that case we apologize for it.
Be correct and honest with other people. It is not fair to invent facts. If you will meet a person like you in your professional activity you will understand my words.
Best regards.
Graziella
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Loved it over and over again”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a retrospective review as TripAdvisor wasn't really around or I wasn't aware of it.... I studied in Milan in 2005 and stumbled upon Da Bruno. Absolutely loved it and became a bit of a regular with friends, my parents when they visited etc. It was great for practising the language and I still think about the pappardelle! I need to make a return visit...

• Visited July 2013