“Seafood Heaven”
Review of Osteria di Brera

Osteria di Brera
Reserve with
Osteria di Brera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #640 of 8,846 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Brera
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you love your sea food eat here, if not go elsewhere as they tend to treat none sea food with a bit less love and tender care. However the mixed sea food starter is a wonderful set of tastes and well worth the high price. The lobster was the best we have had in Italy, so fresh and tasty and cooked very simply. The Head Waiter was very friendly and happy to answer our questions. Recommended for fish lovers everywhere!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Maitre D was a bit aloof (we didn't have a reservation). After we were seated, we enjoyed a great meal- I had the Lobster Pasta- It had excellent seafood flavor- delicious briny component to the sauce. My wife felt it was a little too briny, but I felt it tasted "kissed by the sea." We had a bottle of Nebiollo (sp?) which was excellent. The place has a good atmosphere and felt like a good combination of travelers and locals. The tiramisu was great, I would love to go back if we find ourselves in Milan again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We dined here twice during a recent trip after it was recommended highly by the hotel concierge. If the weather permits, be sure to book a table outside. The service on both visits was kind and welcoming, and the servers have genuine enthusiasm for the wonderful food. The pasta and fish were fresh and prepared meticulously. The Brera neighborhood is only a short walk (10-15 minutes) from the Duomo, filled with nice bars and cafés. This restaurant is our top pick in Milan.

1  Thank TravelingFoodie319
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A good restaurant, fair service, fairly honest price, the owner always present, good food, good selection of italian wines.
I had a fish milanese style and, before, a flor di zuccha which were very good. My wife had a risotto al fruto di mare, which was also very good.
Excellent tiramisu.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I know this is a fish restaurant, and the fish are excellent, but they could work on the pasta a little bit more. Too much fish for me, but still very good. A little pricey though