1,472 results
All reviewsturro metro stationlarge balconyoutdoor poolpenny marketgreat hotelfree shuttlewalk in wardroberesidential areacity centrerecommend this hotelshuttle servicehotel restaurantminute walkthe hotel offersrooms are spacioushotel is modernstayed here for nights
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friends and I checked into the Ramada Plaza Milano for one night and we were quite impressed. The check in process was very smooth, the staff were very helpful in explaining what to see. The rooms were very clean and modern. We got to use the spa facilities for free which was nice but this also meant it was a little crowded. The hotel is about a 5-7 minute walk to the Metro station Turro which is on the red line. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in May 2013 on a recent trip to Milan with family.
I was a bit concerned as this hotel had got mixed reviews but in general I was pleased with most things.
The first area of concern pre-trip was the distance of the hotel from the city centre - Yes it is a little far out but we got a taxi in and out of the city centre, even in traffic for 8Euros and it took approximately 5 minutes.
The rooms were quite spacious, clean and modern. The bathroom was big and as you would expect of a Ramada.
We had lunch at the Ramada Brasserie on the first day and at 15Euros per person for a buffet lunch, we thought it was good and compared to some other places in Milan was good value for money.
Some of the things I didn't like however was:
1) On the first day we arrived a little earlier than expected (midday) and check in was at 2pm. The lady on reception did say she would try and get our room ready within an hour but in the end this didn't happen and we waited until 2pm anyways - when we finally got our room key we got it with some attitude on top.
2) The hotel offers a free shuttle in to the centre of Milan - the shuttle only seats 8 people and got full extremely quickly. Also, it goes into the city centre but doesn't pick you up.
3) The balcony was exactly how other reviewers described it - a wasted space. Plus, even if you dragged a chair out to enjoy the sun, there is absolutely no privacy.

All in all - it was a good hotel. Breakfast, rooms and outside areas were nice. Staff, local and some of the amenities could do with something extra.

Ps. Don't get me started on the spa - we had planned to go one day and I had been emailing them for weeks beforehand to book out treatments. When I finally got an email back, they sent me another copy of the Spa brochure and made no acknowledgements regarding the treatments I wanted to book (and I made sure to write my email in Italian also!). Disappointed is an understatement of how I felt - especially as this trip was planned for my birthday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice designed room! Nice balcony
Free parking outside, 5mn walk to subway line M1 stop turro
The breakfast is complete but too many people on it! You have to wait for everything! But nice food :)
Sleep welll everything is okay here
Must come back in milan

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed there during the furniture fair as well due to other more convenient hotel prices were crazy, and this one was still crazy for what it was. Would say the hotel is more of 3 1/2 stars than 4 stars, expect just basic services.

Room was clean and shower was great, however housekeeping was absent-minded and with an attitude - annoyed because we took shower and washed our hair daily and he forgot to replenish shower gel and shampoo after cleaned up room?! Breakfast was like cafeteria setting with self service multi-option push button cafe / cappuccino machine. And not to count on hotel complimentary shuttle services to downtown or train station, as it was scheduled in ways not meant to be used or convenient. Yes it was 5 mins walk from metro and 6 stops (15-20 mins) to Duomo - that's an hour back and forth if want to drop off shopping bags or to change for dinner. Taxi option would be waiting time for taxi to get to hotel (not to mention there're times when only 1 staff was at the reception area tried to help a few customers simultaneously) and 7-8 euros add to the meter right from the start. There was nothing around there, not even a decent restaurant around, if one counted the little pizzeria by the metro, where a drunk customer offered her pizza to be shared by other customers the first night we ate there after a long flight, since the hotel restaurant did not have a good review.

We still enjoy our visits in Milan and will always go back, just not to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night. We booked a studio room which was at a bargain price of £60 (exluding city tax). Hotel is a 5 min walk from the Metro (Turro) around 6 stops from the Duomo. Hotel is modern with excellent facilities including Lock up underground garage (€8) and free Wi-Fi. Room was modern, very spacious and clean. The studio included a kitchen and microwave which could be used at an extra cost. Good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple