“Despicable service, average food”

Ristorante Antica Osteria Stendhal
Reserve with
Ristorante Antica Osteria Stendhal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 8,239 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Brera
“Despicable service, average food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited on a Sunday afternoon for lunch, sat outside. Starters where nice, especially the tuna tartare but then the problems started. Two portions of Congolese came with double the salt - when we gave them back, the waitress was ironic (Are you sure?)
Apparently they tasted them because they came back and apologised. When the new dishes arrived 20 min later, it was apparent that they substituted the pasta but not the clams and the taste was below average. Also a meet dish (tagliata) was below average (too oily).
We asked for coffee and the bill but they forgot and it too, them 20 min to bring with a single apology. Instead of offering the coffees as an apology for the delay, this was again charged. Overall we paid £40/head with wine which was overpriced for the quality and service. I would not recommend.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“Great food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Serves an extensive menu of Italian cuisin; the highlight is the lobster pasta that is simply amazing with al dente pasta and fresh lobster. The linguine with clams is also another amazing choice. It's a convenient and great Italian restaurant in Milan.

• Visited September 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Bad recommendation”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Unfortunately, referred by hotel manager. I think she thought it would be a place Americans would like. We were the first customers for dinner service. The few other patrons, appeared mostly non Italian. The food was bland, and marginal on all points. What I thought was complimentary prosecco when we arrived, appeared on the bill, as did a 10% service charge. Despite this, the waiter had the audacity to demand a further tip, for very poor service! This was one of the two worst meals we had on a three week trip.

Visited July 2013
foodandmood, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ristorante Antica Osteria Stendhal, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
dear Customer
I am sorry for what happened. Normally these things do not happen by Stendhal. I beg you to accept the apology on my part and on the part of all my staff, who works with seriousness and attention.
I hope to see you again soon
Woodmere, New York
“worst restaurant i have ever been to in Italy”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant was reccomended to me as "authentic Italina. What it really was was tourist trap where no locals go only foreigners. the could not vary on dishes. Bread was stale . Breadsticks werent fresh they were stale and in bags . Fodd was horribel . aNd the best was we found a worm in one of our appetizers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . They were hardly apologetic and made us pay for whole meal seating charge even though we immediatly left . I go to italy every year and this has been our only bad meal ever

STAY AWAY .BUYER BEWARE

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jonathan M
Paris, France
“Wonderful lunch in Milan”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a wonderful lunch in Milan on Tuesday, on a business trip to the city. The food was wonderful. I had stuffed Zucchini for a started and then ravioli for lunch. The food was very fresh and delicious and the staff and other diners very friendly. I definitely felt like I was in a neighborhood restaurant and treated like an old friend. I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013