“astonishing”

La Maniera di Carlo
Ranked #513 of 8,089 Restaurants in Milan
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milan, Italy
“astonishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The restaurant's name is literally translated: the way Carlo does it.
I guess the chef that served us was Carlo- we didn't want to upset him so we did it "his way" and we asked for the fish taste menu and wine "degustazione". 7 dishes (including dessert), 3 (or 4) different wines.
Carlo(?) took us for an awesome food ride, each round serving us plates that had a perfectly balanced taste. For example raw shrimp apple kiwi vanilla. Home made bread and bread sticks (the paprika ones are outstanding).
We spent 130 for 2 fish menus and 30 for the related wine tastes. Totally worth the experience.
Romantic atmosphere that seems formal at tge beginning - instead during the dinner you just settle in and feel confortable.
Service is excellent.

• Visited October 2013

Boston, MA
“Best dinner of my life, hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm a foodie, and this was my favorite dinner I have ever had. I would classify the food as modern Italian, as everything on the menu is prepared or presented with a twist. The dishes are all individual works of art. Add to that small tastings served before and between meals (on the house), and you have yourself an unforgettable meal. The dining room's ambience is cozy and classy, and the service is attentive and very smooth. Truly, I am not easy to please, and this is a meal I will never forget.

Visited September 2013
“Really outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We walked into restaurant at about 7.30 and it was totally empty, not encouraging. The serving staff spoke good English and was very helpful, the menu was full of interesting but unfamiliar items, In the end, we decided to have some have a degustation menu and seafood and others of meat. The staff chose items from the menu based on those themes and we all proceeded to mix and match, some very original dishes, pasta w seafood was outstandingly fresh, all the dishes were fresh and tasted fantastic. Truly magnificent.

Visited September 2013
“Absolutely Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Excellent in every way. The food was so fresh and delicious. A gastronomic delight. We chose this restuarant from the latest Trip Advisor recommendations, and we were not dissappointed. We were warmly welcomed on arrival. The food was innovative and beautiful plated. A taste sensation of pre-course extras. The food, and service, extensive wine list - absolutely outstanding!

• Visited June 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“An excellent Italian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Carlo's Way was a dream come true. I have always been a great fan of Italian kitchen. A visit to Maniera di Carlo was more than I could imagine. The ambiance, the music (round midnight from Miles Davis will remind me this great place for a long time!), the good feeling of being taken care by the owner personally, and the great dishes that we were exposed, one after another... The most delicious risotto that I have ever tasted until today... Even the burger (alla italiana), which my 5 year old son insisted on were all incredibly delicious! The place is so classy, yet the prices are so reasonable. This is a must for any visitor in Milano, who likes to have an unforgettable Italian experience.

• Visited April 2013