“not so good”

Neighborhood: Navigli
London, United Kingdom
“not so good”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I don't think this is an authentic Japanese restaurant and the staff don't seem Japanese.The dishes I tasted in Paris were much better , regardless of a similar price,

Visited December 2010
2 Thank princevegeta49

London, United Kingdom
“Fairly-priced, tasty and authentic Japanese cuisine with excellent service”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I had the pleasure of visiting Ristorante Giapponese Ai during a lovely stay in Milan with my fiancée. Being an avid enthusiast of Japanese cuisine, I was very eager to experience precisely what the Milanese scene had on offer in that department. Upon my fiancée's vivid recommendation, we set off to Ai.
The first impression upon entrance is a very clean, modern and simplistic design; focused solely on the dining experience. We took our seats and were kindly presented our menus by a courteous waitress. I must say, everything ranging from the classic 'Yebisu' beer to the green tea dessert was truly fantastic. I particularly enjoyed the spicy tuna maki sushi, which was certainly one of the best I've experienced in Europe. The miso soup at Ai being another menu item I'm very anxious to sample again in the future, perfectly balancing between a mild, light soothing flavor and a touch of refreshing vibrance. The food was fresh, very tasty and served in well-sized portions.
Overall, our experience at Ai was certainly one to note and I will surely be paying another visit next time I'm in Milan. The prices are also very competitive, so I can recommend this restaurant to absolutely everyone.

1 Thank arturo291