“Good all-rounder”
Review of Aparthotel Navigli

Aparthotel Navigli
Ranked #35 of 286 Specialty Lodging in Milan
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great short stay, room clean, bed comfortable, shower great, quiet in spite of being close to bars, restaurants and the canal. The kitchenette is small but adequate, and the air-conditioning efficient and welcome after a day treading the pavement. Marco was a delightful host, welcoming and helpful - nothing seemed too much trouble. Would definitely recommend for a short stay.

Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night as it was a pit stop for us. We were happy with the apartments - they were clean and spacious. But the location didn't give us a warm and friendly feeling. Graffiti all over the walls throughout the neighbourhood, including the kids' playground nearby. We felt safe, but it just wasn't a beautiful tourist spot.
We walked to the navigli which is a great spot along the river that comes alive at night with tons if restaurants and gelaterie. But we were eaten alive by mosquitoes!!! It was such a shame not to be able to enjoy an ice cream at night. Millions of mosquitoes everywhere. No exaggeration.
We walked to the centre if Milano to see the Duomo and other key sites. It was a nice 15 minute walk. Easy for the kids.
If I were to return to Milano, I would probably look for a different area to stay. No offence to the hosts who were quite helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was on holiday with my family for a few days, and i think this is a place that represent a good solution between hotel and appartment. Infact you have the freedom of the appartment, but with services and treatment by the owner, that you do not even get in a hotel. Location is brilliant, near underground station, and city centre. Thank you!

Room Tip: The owner is very helpful, and rooms are very confortable
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 75renzoc
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Rules and more rules, seemed friendly enough but lists of rules and penalties everywhere. Noisy street needed earplugs. No fire notices or alarms. Very clean but basic, will not return. Close to Navigli and canal area but not really central, 20 mins to Duomo by tram, 7 stops on metro to central station. 15e taxi from central station. Nice little carrefour just around the corner, turn right on leaving side entrance. kettle and 2 ring cooker and fridge so possible to cook/eat snack food. Generally the appearance of aparthotel dingy and unwelcoming and not clearly signed. Lots of paperwork on signing in and although I had already paid in advance, copy of my card taken and I had to sign again, felt a bit uncomfortable.

Room Tip: think all the rooms are noisy traffic noise but ask for quiet room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marywalker
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My partner wasn't happy in this YMCA building walking around alone. 4 of us stayed in 3 rooms but it is mixed with noisy residents and other private owners and hirers. The staff and general apathy is miserable and cold. Very expensive and too much hassle. We won't return.

Room Tip: Book a hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank thefooddood
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The "Aparthotel" is a very loose description..it's just apartments in an old ugly modern building. And the street it is on is not that inviting (one day there was a man begging for money right in front of the entry to the building). As you walk into the building, it is dark and dingy. So, if you are looking for an overall good ambiance, this is not the place to stay. However, if you just want a budget option in the Navigli area & dont mind if the AC doesnt work, then the location is convenient and it is easy to get to the main sights in the city centre.
I can't fault the interior of the apartment because it was very clean, bright and spacious. But I agree with what another reviewer said that the lighting is too dark where the living space and kitchen is AND the AC did not work. It seems they control the AC from the main office. When I arrived, it was one of the hottest days in September so the apartment was hot. When I turned the AC on nothing happened. So, I rang Marco and he claimed the city turns the AC off after the 15th of Sept (well, I find that hard to believe considering it is still summer time) and brought me a fan but that didnt help.
I have lived in Italy for a few years so I do know the heat is sometimes regulated and turned on during a certain period when winter starts in private residences but I have not heard anything about AC in hotels. Plus, I just came from Lake Como where my AC worked and I went to see a 4 star hotel in Milan that day and their AC was working fine! Just out of curiosity, I asked the manager of the 4 star hotel about the supposed regulation of shutting the AC by the 15th and she said she has never heard of that and they always have their AC working to keep guests comfortable.

So, if an accommodation advertises that they have AC and I am paying for that in part of my rate, it should work! Needless to say, I did not get a good nights sleep since I had to open the double glazed windows and it was uncomfortable in the morning so I couldnt wait to leave the apartment. When the windows were open, I could hear traffic noise, a crying baby and the bar around the corner was playing loud music one night (luckily, the music stopped some time after 11pm). If the AC worked and I could keep the windows closed to keep out the noise, things could have been better.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank YourFriendInItaly
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was very happy to book this place for the Grand Prix. I started to read more reviews after I have booked and realised some people had their reservation cancelled by the owner a few weeks before the grand prix. I got a bit scared and I went on hostelworld.com and realised I had no current reservation in my file! One month before the Grand Prix! Then the nightmare starts. I had to call in europe many times to figure the reservation was canceled by the ownwer, without me knowing! Took me a month, calls in europe, a million emails and a lot of persistance to finaly get my deposit back. And I had to find an other place and that was not easy. I wish I had never book this place, and I wish this guy goes out of business.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple