“Japanese Delicacy”
Review of Hana Restaurant

Hana Restaurant
Reserve with
Hana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 8,270 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Ideal location to savour the refined tastes of Japan. Silhouettes of cherry trees on the walls, wood flooring and confortable armchairs in ecru-colored leather blend harmoniously with the mouth watering tastes of Japanese cuisine inspired by the country's time- honored tradition enhanced by hints of fusion cuisine.
Milan, Italy
“Japanese Delicacy”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

First timer at this restaurant and I must say it was a "sans fautes" !
Excellent products, very well produced, true japanse style and taste. Sushi, sashimi tartar, black cod (excellent !), Ramen, and more... without forgetting: they have Cloudy Bay ! a must :-)
Do not hesitate to try !

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Milan
“Unconventional Japanese food that I liked”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went to this place mostly because of all the positive reviews on Tripasvisor and we liked it.
It's a Japanese with a creative extra touch on each plate. True, it's not probably the most typical or Classical Japanese where you find the most authentic Japanese recipes, but we liked it a lot and we liked the reinterpretations they offered.
For example I loved the salmon tataki seasoned with a touch of truffled oil.

Don't question whether it's authentic Japanese or not as many keeps asking, just go there and enjoy it!

1 Thank Michela R
Athens, Greece
“Best Black Cod”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went to eat at hana restaurant, because i was in milano for work, and a local friend told me to go and have a nice relaxing dinner there. I found that the place is very easy, the menu was really good because it had a vast selection of things. The restaurant manager was really nice and with very nice manners. But most of all I fell in love with their black cod, i really like that plate in general, but they make it really good. I will definitely go back when i will be in Milano next time and would advise anyone to go.

Canberra
“Worst Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I don't know why this restaurant is rated so high. It was the least authentic Japanese meal experience ever. Our first dish was the miso soup - served in a large ceramic bowl with a spoon! Anyone who is familiar with Japanese food would know that this is a no no! Then came the mixed sashimi platter with no wasabi! So we asked the waiter for wasabi who in turn asked the chef and instead of looking apologetic for this rookie mistake, the chef clearly looked annoyed! After the sashimi came our sushi order. The 8 pieces of tuna selection included 4 pieces with tuna out of a tin! My husband also ordered a bowl of ramen which was the most disappointing dish of all, made with udon soup and what looked more like 2 minute noodles instead of authentic ramen. And not to mention that the restaurant allows large pet dogs to join their dining party and to stroll through the restaurant. If the dogs were guide dogs we would have no issues, but pet dogs?! Of course the bill came to 90 euros - more than what we would pay at a top Japanese restaurant in Japan! I'm Asian and I have been to Japan so I would know! Avoid this restaurant!

10 Thank FeiCBR
Province of Milan, Italy
“Good food, but expensive”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We enjoyed our meal but it wasn't the treat we were looking for, and it was quite expensive. We both chose a menu with miso soup, a little cooked fish taster, rice, salad, 2 pieces of sushi and 3 little rice rolls. That was 25 euros...ok. But then a bottle of water two cup of tea and the cover charge brought it up to 35 euros. Definitely over the top. We won't be going back.