“Good Value”
Review of Hotel Sunflower

Hotel Sunflower
Ranked #210 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A clean, helpful and friendly hotel. It was tricky to get to by public transport until yopu get to know the ins and outs of the excellent Milan public transport system. The breakfast was good but the same selection every day - variety would have been welcome. The room was very warm with no discernable way of controlling the temperature. However, the price made this a worthwhile stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side to the main road if you like having your window open.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Will go there again. Only negative thing was, that there is city tax equal to the count of stars in hotel category, so we had to pay 4euro per day per person, this is smth. which you wont see written in the sites...unfortunately. Otherwise the hotel itself is great place if you are not Prince and princess demanding.

Room Tip: we were at a room with a small balcony. very romantic
1  Thank Stanimir D
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I are retired and spent a few days in Milan recently. The Sunflower hotel was a good choice as we drove from Zurich and the hotel is on the outskirts of the city, therefore no city driving when you're unsure of the way.
The staff are very helpful indeed. I forgot my adaptor and they were helpful in lending me one for my iPad. The Internet charges were only five euros which I thought was excellent. The desk clerk told us where to catch the tram for the city centre and even sold us a tram ticket. The tram ride takes maybe 25 minutes.
The staff at breakfast were very helpful and even offered to make me a cappachino ......
The heated towel rail in the bathroom is wonderful and the room was clean and well presented....a good choice of hotel for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel during a weekend break away to Milan. The staff were friendly and approachable and accommodated to our needs well. We were once quite late for the buffet breakfast so one of the staff allowed us to take a plate upstairs to eat in our rooms, which was very nice of her! I feel however, there needed to be more facilities, like cotton buds or toothpaste, which is what I normally expect for a 4 star hotel. In my opinion it definitely was not 4 star, but a good 3 star. This made the city tax quite expensive, 4 euros a day, per person! which i did not feel was worth it. The internet was expensive too, 5 euros a day, and you can only get a free 30mins code per ROOM and not PER PERSON, which was annoying because my friend also wanted to use the internet but couldn't. The room itself is spacious, the bathroom was well cleaned and very nice, but the walls were thin and I could hear other guests talking in their rooms. The breakfast option was normal, but not stocked up enough, so we were left to eat remaining bits of pastries, couldn't even have an egg! The location of the hotel is good though, as it is a few tram stops away from a metro station which takes you straight to the Duomo and other sights! On the whole it was definitely worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank humayra_khan
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My room is 601. I'm coming from Romania. Being here is nightmare. TV set is not working, you are at 6th floor and is no heating, your customer service person from the front desk is smiling. You are lost. You payed for nothing in Milano. Sucker! Stupid! If you have some friends call them! We are happy to gather their money! Italy? A big joke. Spend your money for nothing. Just for get creasy
!

Room Tip: Miss this if you can!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ochirosi
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Nice and helpful staff. Gulia was helping us a lot :) Good location. The breakfast was normal. There was only one think I didn't like and that was the aspiration in the bathroom - it was missing! If I return some day in Milan, I'll be at Sunflower.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good place to stay. I personally will go again. Been on another two **** hotels in Milan and definitely this one is the best. The minus is that Internet is paid and expensive. In Milan there is already City tax per day per person, which is 1Euro per Star = 4 Euro for Sunflower.

Room Tip: You may ask for a room with balcony.