Porta Garibaldi B&B
$409
$314
$277
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtnespresso machinebed and breakfastbrera districtfew minutes walkvisit milanalessandroapartmenteatalyprincimetroduomomalpensa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Due to the high rating and positive reviews by TripAdvisor, I booked Porta Garibaldi B&B and my experiences were beyond any expectations I had formed.
My friend and I spent a pleasant, comfortable and memorable 3 nights here in mid February 2012. No online booking system available, so I just emailed them to inquire about availability, then Alessandra, the owner replied to me right away, set our reservation immediately without any problems. Alessandra is a wonderful person. I cannot write down properly how sweet and kind she is.
Location was perfect for both of us. I arrived at Milano Malpensa airport then took newly added railway service Malpensa Express to Porta Garibaldi station. About 30 minutes of a clean and comfy train ride, the B&B is only several minutes away from this large train station. My friend was from Zurich by driving his car. The street Viale Pasubio was under reconstruction of some sort, so he could park his car just in front of the B&B.
There are 2 metro stations close by, and the bus #37 goes Porta Garibaldi so we didn't have to move my friend's car during our stay, simply bought day-round passes and took metro, tram and bus services quite conveniently.
The property is very well maintained; spotlessly clean, comfortable beds, shower is hot, powerful and spacious, the kitchen is fully equipped. Yes, the kitchen is really remarkable and made our stay very special. Alessandra filled the fridge and pantry with unexpectedly well variety of foods such as fruits, breads, eggs, milk, yogurts, cream cheese… I can't list them up because of too many items she prepared, and all of them are in good quality.
But still I have to note that her homemade cakes are absolutely magnificent, and the numbers of Nespresso cartridges made us happy campers too. Furthermore, if you still want to buy something, a small but well assorted supermarket Carrefour Express is just under your room, ground floor.
Some reviewers are mentioning about the noise. Yes, if you are a country mouse or a very light sleeper, you might need a nightcap or some preparations. Otherwise, a townie, like me, will not have any problems with street noise at all, in my humble opinion. The biggest potential difficulty would be the availability. They have only one room.
Bottom line: if you are not a very light sleeper, book this B&B with confidence.

Room Tip: Only one room available. Book in a hurry!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank koba-sf
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I booked Porta Garibaldi B&B from reviews that I read here on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. This is a good location from which to explore Milano, about 20mins to walk to the Duomo and 5mins to walk to Porta Garibaldi train station. We stayed at Porta Garibaldi in Feb for 4 nights. The house is clean and spacious, with a functioning kitchen. Alessandra is a great host and runs an exceptional B&B. She provided milk, yogurt, bread, bacon, coffee and tea for breakfast.
Highly recommend this place and we will certainly be staying here next year we are in Milano.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Italy1221
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This B&B is what you need in a major city like Milan: bright and spotless, fully functioning kitchen, close to everything and Alessandra is a resourceful, terrific host. It is really an apartment and the layout was excellent for the two adults and one child when we were there. Like Milan, the decor is bright and modern. It is in a good location and takes about 20 minutes to walk to the duomo, but if you get sidetracked into the fashion or food shops it could take longer, say half or a full day! It is also close to two Metro stops if you are in a hurry and one of these is the Porto Garibaldi regional station, without the common hassles this could give. I think Milan is a city that should be explored slowly and lived in a little. Out time was too short and we need to do this now we have found a place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Khopp
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This must be the ideal place to stay both for position, comfort and facilities. We only had a night as a short break in Milan, a longer stay would be better. We also like the help yourself breakfast idea. However the appartment was so well equipped and so much food was provided we could have had lunch and dinner too. There was a microwave plus hob, Expresso machine( perhaps expected on Italy) but also a teapot! AND kettle! Lots of provisions including home made cake, fresh fruit and nuts, eggs, bacon equivalent, yog, wonderful preserves and honey. The decor was funky/ stylish with even the washing up sponge matching the colour scheme. The bathroom had a excellent power shower, and a help yourselves to towel attitude.I am also a light sleeper and there was some road noise, but as it was a background continuous hum my sleep was not disturbed. I am a window open freak, but the modern shutters and window closed with the a/c would work. The area is great with good shops and a variety of restaurants. The walk to the centre is 20 mins or so past interesting shoe shops especially. ( restrained myself to 2 pairs!). A further great bonus for us was car parking.

Room Tip: only one appartmaent available
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
portagaribaldi, Proprietario at Porta Garibaldi B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear guest, thank you very much for your great review! I am very happy that
you had a pleasant stay with us. We try our best to make every stay enjoyable
(and the homemade food is one of our specialties). We have double glazed
windows and provided the B&B with top quality air conditioner/heater, so that
our guests can sleep peacefully. We are looking forward to having you with us
again soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at Porta Garibaldi in January 2012 for four nights. The place is clean and modern. Alessandra decorated the place nicely. She provided me with a bottle of water, milk, eggs, yogurt, bread, cookies, coffee, tea and some sweets for breakfast. There were plenty of new towels in the closet. Alessandra lives next door therefore I felt very secure. The bed was comfortable as well. However, the street noise can be disturbing at night if you are sensitive. There was also a construction around the building as well. The location was good, it was minutes away to metro stations. There is a very good bakery nearby for a cup of espresso and a pastry. I was very satisfied to stay at Porta Garibaldi B&B.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family