“One of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had”
Review of Grani & Braci

Grani & Braci
Ranked #3,606 of 8,374 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Just two steps away from the futuristic Porta Nuova district, with its wide windows facing Milano city, Grani&Braci gives taste and emotions: discover its charm, while you enjoy the dish that you love…also in the heart of the night.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My friend, who lives in Milan, chose this restaurant for our meal on a Saturday night because it was advertised as offering gluten free options and I am gluten intolerant. I was really looking forward to it, knowing that they did gluten free pizza. When we arrived, the restaurant was busy and many people were queueing at the doorway. Staff were running about but noone seemed to be in charge. We announced ourselves, having booked, and were kept waiting by the door for 30 minutes. When we were seated, we were given one menu between three people and the menu did not have any gluten free options on it. (I later learned I should have asked for a separate menu). Staff continued to run past us, to the extent that each time someone ran by I felt a breeze on my neck. We managed to order an antipasti sharing platter for starter but by the time we had finished it, our drinks still hadn't arrived. I ordered a glass of wine but a bottle was brought. They took the bottle away and I was half way through my main course when the glass of wine arrived. No further drinks orders were taken. Service could not have been worse and the food was poor. I had a tagliata di manzo- one thing I could be sure was gluten free. The meat was tough and chewy. My husband had the escalope milanese and it came with no sides- just a big piece of dried breaded pork with little flavour. Paying the bill was quite an affair too. We had to go back to queueing at the desk by the door and pay there. I requested that the service charge was removed and said it had been an unpleasant evening. Little concern or interest was shown. Avoid on a Saturday night at all costs. Especially if you don't want to be surrounded by children. They were EVERYWHERE - including in an attended creche/ play area right outside the toilets. I had to practically climb over infants to use the loo. Dreadful

1  Thank heidideimonti

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We ate at Grani e Braci at the suggestion of our AC Milano desk clerk. The restaurant is just down the block from the hotel and were pleased to find such a close and convenient spot after our train ride from Monterosso. We were very hungry, each ordering bruschetta, salad and salmon. We should haved heeded the suggestion of our server to split our meal, because this was way too much food for my husband and myself. It was, however, delicious and well prepared. We decided to try again two nights later, wisely splitting a salad and a pizza. This was a more manageable meal and, as with our first meal there, was tasty and well prepared.

While we didn't have beef on either visit it did seem to be the star of the menu and we enjoyed watching the meals coming out to the tables, almost as much as we enjoyed our own food.

The service was good, more attentive on our first visit, than on the second. Still, it was fine and we enjoyed ourselves both times. Obviously, since we ate there twice in three days, we liked this restaurant and would go certainly go back when in Milan.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Got this place recommended from the staff at Holiday Inn across the bridge. It was a great start to the weekend!
We both had pizzas and they were really good, the desserts were lovely and all to a very affordable price.
Service was very good as well.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Loved it all. What a surprise. The ovens where the cook everything are a work of art. The steak grill area must be seen. So, whether you crave a huge hunk of grilled steak or your partner wants a vegetarian option, everyone will be happy here.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stumbled upon this great place on our way to the Cimitero Monumentale (metro-Garibaldi). We stopped for a coffee (came with a small piece of dark chocolate!) before touring and once we looked at the menu, we decided to return for lunch. Great steaks, many organic and natural ingredients, good service and a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. I see there are some negative reviews, but we really loved it. Remember, this is Italy, not the US, so things can take a little more time. Enjoy the experience and savor a glass of wine while you wait! They had English menus and the staff really tried to please us. Olive oil and four different kinds of pepper grinders on the table.