“Great service and organic options”
Review of Grani & Braci

Grani & Braci
Ranked #5,377 of 8,846 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Just two steps away from the futuristic Porta Nuova district, with its wide windows facing Milano city, Grani&Braci gives taste and emotions: discover its charm, while you enjoy the dish that you love…also in the heart of the night.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Loved it all. What a surprise. The ovens where the cook everything are a work of art. The steak grill area must be seen. So, whether you crave a huge hunk of grilled steak or your partner wants a vegetarian option, everyone will be happy here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stumbled upon this great place on our way to the Cimitero Monumentale (metro-Garibaldi). We stopped for a coffee (came with a small piece of dark chocolate!) before touring and once we looked at the menu, we decided to return for lunch. Great steaks, many organic and natural ingredients, good service and a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. I see there are some negative reviews, but we really loved it. Remember, this is Italy, not the US, so things can take a little more time. Enjoy the experience and savor a glass of wine while you wait! They had English menus and the staff really tried to please us. Olive oil and four different kinds of pepper grinders on the table.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My friend and I had dinner at Grani e Braci Ristorante Pizzeria Steakhouse on September 28, 2013. We were staying at the excellent AC Milano hotel right around the corner and had passed by this conveniently located restaurant on our way to the tram stop across the street the day before. We quickly checked the menu and glanced inside through the front glass door to see the clean modern decor with white tablecloths and it appeared to be a nice, small intimate restaurant worth trying. But looks can be deceiving as we discovered when we came for dinner at around 600pmish the next day.

We were seated without any reservations when the restaurant was mostly empty. As we entered and looked to the right we got to see a lot more than what we saw peeking through the glass door the day before. The place is HUGE, with dozens of tables with the white tablecloths & chairs, silverware and a glass at each setting. The decor is very modern with large umbrella like lighting fixtures, walls with wooden wine bottle holders and lots of different clean textures and graphics on the ceilings, walls and floors. The waiters were all very young and helpful and wore black slacks and button collar shirts and had earpieces like the Secret Service. Overall, top marks for appearance and cleanliness.

My friend ordered one of the many steak options with a side salad and drink and I ordered a linguine al cartoccio (seafood linguini) with side salad and drink. The drinks came quickly enough with some bread by a different waiter than the one who took our order. There was olive oil already on the table but I had to ask for vinegar. The salad came not too long after and it was the ***worst salad I've ever had at any restaurant anywhere***. It was just a bowl of shredded green/brown lettuce and it tasted like dirt (see photo). At this time the restaurant started to fill up very quickly with a lot of families with small kids who were running back and forth in the aisles as children do. So the small intimate feel we thought we were going to get was rapidly morphing into a crazy chaotic Disneyland food court vibe.

Our entrees arrived via another different waiter. My friends steak was very well prepared and he said it was the best steak he had on the entire trip. I had a little bite and it certainly was tasty and I wish I had ordered one. My seafood linguini arrived in a bowl wrapped in paper, a most unusual presentation (the menu says it was supposed to be wrapped in foil). I unwrapped the paper in the bowl and ate it that way, not knowing if I should have poured the contents into the bowl or not. Looking back I probably should have as the paper got soggy and started to break apart, but the seafood linguini was quite good. As we ate our entrees more families arrived and the noise/chaos levels increased.

As usual in Europe, the restrooms are downstairs. At the end of the stairs is a kids play area. The bathrooms are contemporary like the restaurant itself and extremely clean. As we finished up and got our bill my friend put his credit card in the folder on the table and we were told that we had to pay at the front. Prices were midrange, although I thought my linguine al cartoccio was very reasonable at 11 euros. The items on the dessert menu looked tasty, very artistically presented and inviting but we held off since we were jonesing for simple (and much cheaper) mint chocolate chip gelato down at the Duomo.

In summary, Gran e Braci turned out to be one of the most uneven and oddball dining experiences I've ever had. What initially appeared from the outside to be a small high end intimate semi-formalish restaurant was in fact a huge modern and chic family & kids oriented cafeteria with lots of children and noise. The salads were absolutely horrible but the entrees quite good even though the presentation was questionable. Being served by several different waiters and having to pay at the counter further confused me as to what kind of restaurant this place was trying to be and contributed to the overall feeling of chaos and weirdness. But now that I know what to expect I can revisit Grani e Braci in the future and have a much more enjoyable dining experience as long as I don't order the salad.

1  Thank pingvuiini
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here because they promoted themselves as a coeliac friendly restaurant and I am coeliac. It took 20 minutes for us to be seated for our booked table and a further 25 to be given drinks. Even then only two of the three ordered arrived and the final drink arrived only once we had finished our starter. We were given one menu between three of us to begin with and none if the gluten free options from the website were displayed in the main menu. Staff were literally running around the restaurant and it was a very stressful experience. By the time the main arrived, my hunger had gone and I just wanted to leave. We asked for the service charge to be removed but it couldn't make up for a terrible evening.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I would expect more by an Italian restaurant.
Though it's open till very late, and close to AC hotel.

1  Thank PasqualeBaiKui