“Delicious Italian food in the 'real' Milano.”
Review of Casa Lucia

Casa Lucia
Ranked #723 of 8,234 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious Italian food in the 'real' Milano.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Saturday night after a recommendation from a friend, he frequents the place regularly & claimed, 'you can't go to Milano & not eat here!'
He certainly wasn't wrong! We vaguely ordered from the menu but asked the waiter, who also turned out to be the owner, to recommend something - if you're keen to give whatever the waiter recommends a go & you're not bothered by the price, order this way!! We had mozzarella - very simple, served with a single basil leaf, balsamic, oil & a pinch of salt, it is unbelievable how delicious such a simple dish can taste when the ingredients are of the finest quality.
We then had a plate of dried meats, also recommended & loved that too. For main, my friend said we must have the chateaubriand, so we, of course, tried that. Wow...I'm not sure I can find words to describe how delicious the meat was. We ordered medium rare & it was the best medium rare steak I have ever eaten, hands down!! The quality of the beef was evident, it had clearly been well hung & rested before it arrived at our table. The balsamic jelly served with the beef along with the potatoes was simple but delicious! We both thoroughly enjoyed the main!
Although we hardly had room for dessert we ordered away! One tiramisu & one creme brûlée later accompanied by some espressos we were well & truly stuffed.
Everything we ate & drank here was superb, I could not fault a single thing...the service was exceptional.
If you are in Milan you must have dinner at this place, you won't be disappointed.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Milan, Italy
“Amazing culinary experience ever!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The seafood is really fresh and tartars are delicious. I highly recommend the tuna one. First courses are very good, they know how to mix different ingredients very well. I had tagliolini with mushroom, pumpkin puré and basil, it was just to die for!
Cold cuts are of very high quality too.
The only downside is that it's quite expensive but absolutely worth it, especially for the excellent quality of food.

• Visited September 2013
Copenhagen
“try the cheesecake!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Service was great. Nice guy from Macedonia.

First course pasta alle funghi porcini. Acceptable but slightly undercooked in my opinion.

Main I had the tartar beef. Good portion and tasted as it should.

Dessert = CHEESECAKE. This cheesecake blew my mind. Amazing creamy texture. Slightly sour after taste as it should be. Worth the trip just for this.

• Visited September 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Lovely traditional food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my third trip to Casa Lucia and it was the best yet. On previous trips i have found that we are stuck at the back of the dining area and only see waiters rushing around. During this trip we sat by the bar so you could see passers by and the street but also had the ambiance of being in the restaurant.

The food was amazing as usual and they have a fantastic wine menu (Gavi is wonderful!)

Staff are very friendly and when asked, will explain the menu.

This place is great for people watching, i am told its a stylish place to go and eat and i believe them :)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SamHeu
Milano
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Food is average. Prices above average. Service below average.To be clear, I was there one, I won't return.

Visited October 2012