“One of the best seafood restaurants in Europe”
Review of La Risacca 2

La Risacca 2
Ranked #535 of 8,513 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Citta Studi
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wonderful, supremely delicious seafood. Owners are a Sardinian family who take gastronomy extremely seriously - very much like all self-respecting Italians. My favorite: prawns and octopus pieces with cherry tomato wedges in extra virgin olive oil. But I'll settle for anything else on the superb menu.
Pros: everything, ambiance, cleanliness, food quality, friendliness of the staff, efficient service, excellent wine choice.
Cons: A little cramped, but any good restaurant in Italy is a little short on space.
Note: Reservations are not only accepted but required, if you want to eat there on any given evening.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I very nice fish restaurant in Milan. I was pleasantly surprised with the superb atmosphere and wide and rich menu, I tried the truffle pasta it was best ever.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

What do you look for in a good restaurant? Good food, good service and a pleasant experience in good surroundings che cose dicono i francese "ambience".La Risacca 2 provides all of these at the highest level. The decor was elegant and restrained with a nautical theme , but what might have at first have given an impression of formality and distance was quickly dispelled by the warmth of the staff.We were welcomed as though we were honoured guests and treated as such throughout our stay until we were helped out of the door. We passed the cabinet of fresh seafood as we entered so there could be no doubt of the quality of the ingredients and we could watch the chef at work and be sure of the skill there.I camerieri were attentive and helpful and il proprietario was ever present to ensure that everything went well.
The menu was the most extensive for sea-food that I have ever seen and I have not eaten meat for forty years so I have seen more sea-food menus than most people. We were offered help in choosing our piatti and when it came , the food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. My partner is an excellent cook and has never tasted such beautiful risotto and when she asked about the rice, the proprietario brought the chef to the table to explain his choice of variety and how he cooked it. Nothing was too much trouble and we were forced to change our plans for the following evening because my partner insisted that we had to return; the food was too good not to enjoy for a second time. She was absolutely right and I thoroughly enjoyed a different piatta on the second evening.
I cannot praise this ristorante too highly and would recommend it to anyone whether they normally eat fish or not. We shall certainly re-visit La Risacca when we return to Milan and.come dicono gli italiani " non vedo l'ora di rividerla"

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have lived in Milan couple of years, in the neighborhood of La Risacca 2 Restaurant. I have been there many, many times. Since I left Milan in 1996, I am coming back to the city, just because of this fantastic restaurant. They keep quality and atmosphere just the same as long as I remember. There is nothing on the Menu that I would not recommend. When it comes to wines, I always chose their house wine and always this turn out to be an outstanding choice. The restaurant is booked every evening, so plan to book your table well in advance. The best advise to be given is: do not eat anything for the entire day before you go to La Risacca 2. You would regret not having enough space in your stomach for the outstanding fresh seafood that is being served there. The restaurant is a short (5 minutes) taxi ride from Piazza San Babila, or Piazza Duomo.

1  Thank JanuszRoman
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Visiting from Australia,we walked in off the street and the first thing we noticed was the beautiful display of fresh seafood in a glass fronted cabinet near the front door.We were made exceedingly welcome and had questions about some of the unfamiliar seafood answered with delight and obvious pride.From then on we were treated to beautiful freshly opened oysters,blanched baby calamari salad and shared a large whole baked John Dory with a delicious sicilian style sauce.I'm sure the lobster would have been great as well, as they were still moving.Recommended wine, food and the service were spot on and we considered the whole experience was great value for money.A nice touch was a personal thank you and handshake from the owner and other staff.Other restaurants should take note!!