“Good Eritrean food, but not the cheapest!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adulis Restaurant

Adulis Restaurant
Ranked #486 of 8,030 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Citta Studi
Varese
“Good Eritrean food, but not the cheapest!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went with the family for lunch!
I love Ethiopian food and as you have trouble finding it in Northern Italy, you can find several Eritrean restaurants in Milan, that serve very similar food (not exactly the same cuisine).
We were excited, especially my son, who had never tried this type of cuisine!
Not disappointed, the food was good and there was an abundance of it! Of course not exactly the same food that I had eaten in Addis, Asmara or Djibouti but it was a pleasant, a culinary trip down memory lane!
The ambience was nice and the low tables and chairs were very comfortable. Service was fine, but in saying that there was only three tables of customers.
We ordered a Zighini each, which was ample (maybe too much food for a family of three)! Lamb and beef, vegetarian sides all eaten up with the sufficient quantity of injera! A bit of wine, lots of water, coffee and 1 desert.
The bill came and I was a little surprised at the end of the day! It wasn't cheap! But I wasn't expecting it to be this high!
There are other Eritrean restaurants in Milan as I mentioned, the Warsa I have been too seems to have a young affluent crowd and the food there was good as well!
In saying that I would rate them on par, and would go back to the Adulis!

• Visited October 2013

Maniago, Italy
“Eritrean experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been thinking about Africa a lot lately, so I was very glad to enjoy some Eritrean food for a night! The staff is so friendly it felt a bit like being back to Africa: the atmosphere is so warm! Food is deliciously spiced and there's plenty of it, love eating it with my hand! Definitely recommended!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MsLiviaT
Murten, Switzerland
“Very nice food, extremely friendly service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Open to a new discovery? Do try Eritrean food, being sitted at one of their typical low tables. Very friendly service, typical and authentic food. It's a pleasure to eat by hands!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank sibylle k
india
“Friendly staff good eritrean food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

There are quite a few eritrean restaurant in Milan and I would say that the Adulis is one of the best!
There is a cool and inspiring ambience , good lighting (not too bright) and the staff is really helpfull.
The eritrean specialities are teasty ! I recomend it ...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank shiama
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“como se dice....Fantastic Food?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Having lived in the Washington D.C area for 8 years I've had my share of good and bad Eritrean/Ethiopian cuisine. ADULIS restaurant in Milan Italy ranks as FANTASTIC!!, surrounded by Cafes and chic boutiques it captures the essence of a people and its culture 3300 miles away.
As we entered ADULIS we were greeted with CIAO!! from the bar personnel. As my wife and I have different tolerance level our meal came customed made mine..super spicy..my wife's no spices. After our meals we ordered the traditional tea and sat back as we chatted with the table next to us. If anyone reads this and ends up going to ADULIS tell Tes (owner) that Daniel from Virginia says CIAO!!!!

Enjoy.