“Good quality food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I work close to Acero Rosso, and often go there for lunch. It can get very busy at lunchtime, but unless you're with a big group, you'll usually get seated quickly even without a reservation. The food is very nice, I particularly like the gnocchetti Acero Rosso that they do, and their pizza is good quality too. They also have a seafood buffet, which I've never had, but an Italian client of mine tried it when we were at lunch one day, and said it was good. I've only ever been at lunchtime, so can't comment on the evening service, but they do a great job with the lunchtime rush - I never have to wait long to be seated, have my order taken, or my food served. The waiters are as friendly as can be expected when they're running around non-stop, and the atmosphere is lively, if a little noisy at times. This isn't a tourist restaurant at all, it's situated in a business area of Milan, so the people you encounter tend to be local working people on their lunch breaks. Having said that, it's only a two minute walk from Santa Maria Delle Grazie, where the Last Supper is housed. The price is average for the area - I usually spend between 11 and 14 euros for a pizza or pasta dish and a water or beer.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I were married in Lake Como on June 29th. A couple days before the wedding, we took our guests on a tour of some of our favorite things to do in Milan. We were looking for a restaurant that was close to Santa Maria della Grazie because we were viewing “The Last Supper”. We had 28 people, so we emailed a week in advance to make sure that they were able to accommodate us. This restaurant was beautiful inside. They had a great antipasti bar with a variety of Italian salad items including fresh Italian vegetables and deli meats. They had a variety of pizzas which were perfect for lunch. There were also some delicious pasta dishes. The service was fast and the servers were very friendly. We enjoyed this lunch very much.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We actually found this restaurant with the trip advisor app and was not disappointed. We had a couple of hours before catching a train to the airport and it finished our trip nicely. It was clean and the staff were friendly. They spoke enough English to be pleasant and help with your order. The menu also had an English section at the back just in case. The food and drinks were reasonably priced and they also keep a note of your order on your table which was good. It was quite an authentic restaurant and had view into the kitchen so you can see the chefs working (always a good sign). The food was lovely and we were not disappointed (well only with my pizza but did not realise it did not have cheese on it...not quite the same!). It was freshly cooked to order but no long wait. Prosecco was lovely and very reasonably priced. Can recommend for a nice relaxing lunch.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Answer to "where is a good place we can relax and have a good pizza...or something else" Attractive restaurant with pizza to white tablecloth menu. Waiter was funny and welcomed Americans; service very good. Food was good, but we were looking for something we didn't have to think about. There are lots of places like this throughout Italy, this is one of the better ones for sure.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Enjoyed a couple of good quality and filling pizzas at Acero Rosso along with a very reasonable house red wine at 6 Euros for a half litre. The bill came to under 25 Euros for two.

Service was more than adequate, but perhaps lacked a little warmth (it was quiet in the restaurant and that's a very minor criticism).

I would recommend this as a simple restaurant with fair prices. Probably not for that 'special occasion', but if travelling in Milan and you need decent food, drop in here!

1  Thank travellingman188113