“Better than most!”

Ristorante Papa Francesco
Ranked #1,090 of 8,230 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Description: Traditional Family restaurant from 1980. The best Home made Pasta and dessert. T-bone steak and Fried Calamari and shrimps available every day.
Michigan
“Better than most!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Good food, but a little on the expensive side. Close to La Scala. We had risotto, fish, meat and pasta. The owner is very friendly. This was the best restaurant we visited in Milan. We didn't find any of the restaurants compared with those we have eaten at in the Tuscany area around Siena, Cartona, Assisi, etc. Wouldn't go back to Milan for this and other reasons.

• Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Interlaken, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, excellent dinner, friendly and welcoming owner and staff.”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I came across to know about Ristorante Papa Francesco when I was planning my trip to Milan, I made a reservation via email, and Mr. Paolo replied very promptly.

I must say, this was the best part of my Milano weekend getaway (despite shopping and sightseeing).

The service was great, the food was excellent, the staff and the owner (the family who runs the restaurant) were all very friendly, and welcoming. I was very satisfied with the food and hospitality, the food was really nice, in fact I'm still thinking about the food when I'm writing this review.

I loved every bit of the dinner, enjoyed my time in the restaurant and read the people who dined there. It gives you a very warm and family-like feeling when you have dinner there, they make sure you are ok and happy with the food. It feels like home away from home.

I will definitely return if I visit Milano again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Elaine C
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Very nice family run restaurant, great location, friendly staff. I asked where is salmon from - chef shown me photos from the fishing boat where he bought it.

1 Thank Alexandra V
Hong Kong, China
“Very Good Ristorante in Milan”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I usually take dinner at Papa Francesco every time when I travel to Milan since 2003. To me, dining in Papa Francesco is comfortable and relax while the Italian cuisine offered is really good with reasonable price. The standard of food is quite consistent since my first visit. The dishes I tired include pasta with seafood or porcini, Ossobuco, steak, ravioli, etc.

• Visited May 2014
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Our first day at Milan, we stumbled upon this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the fantastic food (cannelloni and ravioli) we had. Quick service, great tasting food and a fun experience.

Visited May 2014