“spend a wonderfull night”
Review of The Hub Hotel

The Hub Hotel
Ranked #179 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent a wonderfull night at this hotel . Excellent breakfast. Fabulous rooms. Very clean bathroom. My 10-year-old daughter used the pool while I was working out in the gym. A good way to begin your day in milan. Only disadvantage was location as I visited Milan for sightseeing not for a fair.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really good transfer from Certosa Station. The breakfast was excellent with a lot of choice. The room had absolutely everything we needed and good panoramic view from the swimming pool. We recommend to anyone staying in Milano, who don't disturb to the get train.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the Hub Hotel for 5 days on a business visit. Good hotel ambience; small but clean room; very helpful staff. Only downside is the distance form the centre of the city. Too far from the nearest station; the hotel offers free shuttle service which proved extremely helpful without which travel would have been very difficult.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent staff - Marta, Georgia, Yuliya, all were extremely helpful, we wanted to book inter city trains inspite of being extremely busy at the check in desks they helped us find good deals. The staff at the restaurant in the hotel are extremely nice and the food was pretty decent too! The shuttle bus is a boon to staying at this hotel - we took the train from the station close to the hotel everyday into town which was only a 15 minute ride, you do have to wait for the shuttle van to come to the station but the wait was not all that long!
The rooms are pretty big, the bathrooms are really nice with powerful showers. The only one grief we had was we especially asked a member of staff at the check in desk to book us a cab to the airport who would accept credit cards, she confirmed with us that the she has checked with the taxi company and that they accepted credit cards, but after reaching the airport the taxi driver said only cash - luckily there was a cash machine at the airport so we were okay! But having said she confirmed with the taxi company and then having us screwed over was a bit of a pain to deal with.
The room walls are a bit thin which are adjacent to the next door rooms - so if you are unlucky to have noisy neighbours good luck on sleeping - the windows are triple glazed so you will not get any noise from outside. The view was of the motorway but we were hardly ever in the room - so it didn't really matter!
Overall great staff, good restaurant food - bit further away from the city!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked *and paid* for 3 double rooms, upon arrival they said the hotel was full and one of us was given a single. I was upgraded to a deluxe room which, although much bigger, meant that I had a cold shower, loose plug sockets, a motorway view, and incredibly thin walls.

After we checked in we went out into Milan by a shuttle and then by train. Milan itself is very expensive (€5 for a coke, €6 for a beer) and busy. The tubes and trains do not tell you like they do in the UK the stops and next location, so we went on a tube line which split and got lost. Next return train was in 30 mins so transport isnt frequent. HOWEVER, and this is my positive, we rang the hotel and once we went to a closer station, the shuttle was able to pick us up. It was late, dark and a rough area and this was great customer service.

We booked this based on it being a "spa" hotel, and we later laughed at that name. The pool looks beautiful in the pictures, but was freezing! We had blue lips (not exaggerating!) and had to leave. To enter they wanted you to walk through a tray of water with hairs floating in it, there were probably more diseases in that than on the tiles. Also, towels are left on about 10 sunbeds or so, but as more people came in my brother was left without a towel and when I went to the spa entrance to get a towel for my freezing brother, the woman was very reluctant and stingy to hand us one. The changing rooms were disgusting, mixed sex, and the shower didnt work well, so we had to get a lift to the room soaking in our swimwear with a towel (no-one offered us bathrobes like they did for others), and overall it was rather embarrassing lift ride dripping in a bikini next to fully clothed guests who had just checked in.

I wanted hot shower to try and change my mood but the water was cold. Reception sent someone up who said "its fine" and then said that they couldnt help it anyway. We were offered help for the next morning, when we were due to checkout. I think there was a hot water shortage as the next day it was fine, but the ice cold shower after the ice cold swim was a fantastic was to finish the day.

In the night I was kept awake by the squeaking lifts, the people next door everytime they went to the toilet, and I was woken up around 7 by a cleaner dragging a bed about next door (for a full half hour) before hoovering.

Breakfast was a war zone with a hoard of people scrabbling for tables and food, only half of those entering the dining room were offered a table, the rest were left to it on their own. We nearly had to resort to eating in the lobby but then we managed to all sit round a 2 seater table.

Overall, avoid this hotel. The staff themselves were friendly and as helpful as they could be, but if you want a spa trip or somewhere with a pool and good facilities, I do not recommend this place. If you want a good night's sleep, its not here. A beautiful Italian landscape or ideal location? Not here. And to be given what you paid for? Definitely not here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This really is an excellent hotel with exceptionally helpful staff. Check in is not officially until 2pm, however I arrived early at 12 and the room had already been prepared and I was able to check in. Check in was seemless and over with in a couple of minutes. Upon first entering the room, it felt and looked very clean. It was exactly as had been described and extremely spacious.

Staff were very helpful at explaining to me and my partner what we could go to see and do around central Milan and also took time to explain how the transport ticket system worked. The shuttle bus which takes you from the hotel to either Certosa or Bovisa train station is dispatched as soon as it is required by people staying at the hotel. There is no waiting around until the shuttle is full, as soon as you want to go, they take you.

The breakfasts were equally good, a range of both cold and hot options available from cereals, pastries and an abundance of fresh fruit (yum) and hot such as toast, eggs etc. The restaurant has plenty of space in it and a very relaxed environment at breakfast time. We did not eat our dinner in the restaurant as we wanted to explore Milan a bit more and eat out every night so I can't comment on the dinner experience at the hotel.

There is a spa / exercise area on the 14th floor with a swimming pool. One of my highlights was swimming in the pool and watching the sun go down with my partner. Just stunning. The pool is of an adequate size and not very deep but it is enough so that you can enjoy yourself and get a couple of lengths in.

I really don't know what else to say about this hotel and its staff apart from that although some people say that the location isn't ideal (5 minutes by shuttle to Certosa station, a bit longer to Bovisa), the free shuttle service and the level of service and professionalism you get from the staff makes it worth it. My only regret is that I was only staying for the Easter weekend and not longer as there is so much more to see and do in Milan. I will definitely be returning at some stage in the future and I will be using the Hub Hotel. Thank you very much to all the staff who made this an extremely enjoyable trip.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I want Americans to be safe do not stay here unless u are with a large group of 6 or more. Do not risks your life for a cheap hotel. Italy is a bit scary especially Milan.

Stayed here March 25-March 28, thinking we could shop in Milan and visit some attractions in MIlan. I was scared to death. Could not do much in Milan since we stayed here at this hotel and frighten of the Milan Central Station. The last day here we stayed in since we were so scared and did not trust the shuttle bus. You can be stranded at a place for awhile before the shuttle can come get you since they only use one shuttle bus. This shuttle bus picks up other guest from different locations you are left waiting. It is scary in this area of Milan. By the Duomo was also scary. Watch out for a lot of pick pocketers, hawkers and touts. The guys who try to put bracelets on your wrist than force you to pay them and the pigeon seed guys who try to throw and hand you bird seeds than force you to pay. These guys work in groups.

Milan Central Station is scary especially rush hour time. To get to the hotel from Central Station Milan, you will have to take the metro than take the regular public transit train ( which is 25mins ) Once you get to certosa stop, you will have to walk down stairs to get to the street and call for a shuttle to pick you up since the hotel is far from the stop and Milan Central Station. If you do not have a phone you will not get picked up. Unless someone calls the hotel to notify them no shuttle comes to get you. If you are lucky another couple or people will be waiting as well and probably have called the hotel. The street you are picked up from is in a scary area and alley way. Felt unsafe every night. It gets dark and other lurkers who come off the train will stare or wait around to see what you are waiting for. There are no restaurants nor convenient stores near the hotel. The restaurant the hotel refers you to eat at and the shuttle will drop u off at is very nasty. Food is disgusting and had diarrhea from it. Also, the food at the hotel is gross. Do not eat there. Notice lots of people bringing food from where they were coming from.

Front desk has 2-4 people sometimes but did not have good customer service and did not want to help guest. Seem to always be in a bad mood.

Only good thing about the hotel is the rooms are larger and this hotel is more modern. The breakfast was decent.

6  Thank SusieQRivers