“Nice hotel”
Review of The Hub Hotel

The Hub Hotel
Ranked #163 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very clean and spacious rooms. The restaurant is very high quality, but very expensive.
Not in the best location, it quite far from the centre and a 20 minute walk from the train station (though there is a free shuttle).
The spa etc. is great.
Breakfast was good. And the free WIFI was excellent.
We got stuck in the lift when we first got there but other than that it was brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I travelled to Milan for my birthday and to catch up with some family. I was greeted by a nice female member Thea she was very helpful. The hotel was nice and my room was a nice size. The down side was the location after a night out I paid 20 euros. I was able to take a shuttle to the metro station and have a walk about.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My trip to Milan was marred by the rude staff at The Hub! I think perhaps because I am American, as soon as she heard my voice she became arrogrant and rude. It probably took me 45 minutes to check in and I had already paid for my room for three days. I was traveling with two small children and she could have cared less. After I finally got checked in she wanted to tell me about their spa services, which I would have normally indulged in, however I told her with her attitude and blatant dislike for Americans, and the disrespect she displayed, I would not be spending any money there . I was however forced to eat there that night as there was not a single restaurant of any kind anywhere near. The hotel was in the middle of 'nowhere'!! Not a restaurant, shop or anything around and appeared to not be a very safe area as there was trash all over the sidewalks and streets. I could not wait to get out of there. I checked out of the hotel the next day and accepted that I had lost three night payment as I had paid in advance. I will never do that again. I moved to the Holiday Inn close to the airport and had planned to just leave Milan. The staff at the Holiday Inn were wonderful and told us about a day trip one could take to Lugano, Switzerland. We went there and it was delightful, but sadly, my trip to Milan was the worse vacation I have ever been on, and very costly as I was ripped off right and left and I am a seasoned traveler... I have been to Italy several times and always felt they were somewhat rude, but chalked it up to 'they don't like Americans', which was ok with me because I was there for the history, but never have I experiened such arrogance and rudeness as in Milan at the Hub!!! If there was a rating lower than terrible I would give it to The Hub!!

Room Tip: Stay away if you are American. I asked for lower level and got one of the top floors, so I don'...
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Travlinldy
fabio_messina, Direttore generale at The Hub Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review!

We are sorry and we apologize for the experience at The Hub Hotel. We are sure that something terrible must have happened that night during your check in, as we have never delivered such a similar service to any other Guest since we opened.

Therefore we really hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we are able to make it different!

Looking forward to welcome you soon.

Best regards

Fabio Messina

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is very nice, modern and the services are great, wellness-spa, pool and gym included, on 14th floor, really cool..Breakfast is perfect.Rooms are big, modern, with free tee and coffee, nice detail!The staff is top, very helpfull and kind.They do the best for your stay.
The location is not in the center, but you can reach it by train and their shuttle service will pick you up or bring you near train station and from there good connections anywhere, or by car with GPS!!
It´s a good deal for Milan.
Will repeat for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the services offered by The Hub Hotel in Milan!

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Best regards

Fabio Messina

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very nice hotel. Only minor negative point is the location a bit distant of the train station, but the hotel offers a free shuttle service, so that the location isn't a show stopper.
The rooms are great and also the breakfast with everything you want.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel to suggest for good space rooms, wonderful SPA - pool. Personel very professional ery good And complete breakfast . Gireat service . Good deal quality / price . Certain ti retirn in next future. Very nice hotel

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel the Hub is an excellent place to stay in Milan. Modern, but with a warm design. Very clean and great service. Breakfast is for Italian standards very good, better than most other places. Only downside for the hotel is the location. No problem for me, business, but quite far from town centre and all highlights. The shuttle service helps out.
The Hotel Spa is a must. This kind of total Spa is not normal in Europe, great wellness.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business