“Great balance between price and quality”
Review of Hotel Panizza

Hotel Panizza
Ranked #147 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great location: only a 5 min walk to the metro and a 10 minute walk into the center or Milan (Duomo), Lovely staff who was more than willing to offer recommendations on restaurants, transportation, etc. Rooms are a little bit small but comfortable and clean. Bathrooms are normal size and also very clean. Utilities all seemed very new. Breakfast is included and there is a good variety of food, much more than an average continental breakfast. Highly recommended for the balance between price and comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sara G

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rooms are small, but with everything you need and very clean. The breakfast is ok, with a nice coffe and great people. Rooms are located on an old building, but they are completely renoveated. The location is very good, walking distance to the center and also to the Sempione park, and close to a tube station. In general, our stay was good in relation to the price, which is not high at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We arrived for a 2 night stay late February in 2013 prior to heading up to the mountains to ski. The room was very small but warm. The bathroom was also small but recently renovated. The staff were helpful and friendly. Overall, ok.

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chaddy65
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a nice 3 star hotel in Milan, The location is good in that it is about 10 min walk from the red line metro which takes you straight into Duomo, also tram 16 is 5 min walk which takes you to Duomo. There are some nice little restaurants around the area and a small super market nearby. The rooms are adequate size with marble floor and clean most likely newly refurbished bathroom, We had a small balcony with our room which just overlooked the building behind but in summers can be a nice place to sit. There was no tea/coffee facility in the room but you can get it from the lobby which was on the same floor as our room so not a big hassle. Bathroom had very basic toiletries you are better off bringing your own.
The staff could all speak basic english so we did not struggle with any thing. The breakfast buffet was adequate with cake and pastries but no eggs or hot vegetarian choices. It is served in a small room so you might have to struggle for space at busy hours,
The corridor was small which meant people returning late at night may wake you up if they are not quiet, The other thing is that rooms have got very thin partition and every morning we were woken up by the guest next door taking a shower at 6 am as you could hear the water running.
When getting there for the first time just look for wooden door with 3 stars next to it as there is no big sign on the wall and it is very easy to miss it.The reception is on second floor but there is lift upto it, it is not on a busy road so you dont hear a lot of traffic noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brimeeds
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have to say I got the single room which is in general a very sad experience at any hotel. the room was very tiny and lacked everything that could make someone's life easy. not even a minibar, a glass, N O T H I N G. the army-style plaid completed the depressing picture. The bathroom looked quite new and was better than the rest. In general I could not have any sleep.It was noisy at night with people yelling and slamming doors. The guy at the reception was nice and polite and the price was reasonable, even though I booked on booking which claimed to sell the room with an 80% discount and it was just ridiculous because that room could have never come at that price ( more than 300 euros!!!). Plus I asked for a breakfast to go in the morning and nobody cared to offer anything, not even a reply. Overall I would not recommend staying in a single room at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
robbberto1, Manager at Hotel Panizza, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Sir,
(unfortunately I don't know your name).
My name is Roberto Figliola.
I'm the Managing Director of Panizza Hotel.
I do feel sorry for your bad experience in our hotel. Since I do not know your name I cannot understand which kind of room you were given to.
I can only reply in a general way.
The whole hotel was restored in the second half of 2011 and we got 3 stars class. The single rooms are supplied with French bed (140 cm), TV set 22 inches, air conditioning system adjustable according to the personal wishes, private bathroom, shower and hair dryer.
The average area of each room is about 13 mq large (not so small I daresay). The hotel is located in a one way street and this allows a very calm rest. The night porter informed me about some situations as described by you in the recent nights.
I think you understand that our first target is to give an excellet service to our customers, therefore we could have never permitted that someone shut the door of shouted in the full night.
I do feel sorry that you disliked your stay. I'm sure this is the first and only time it happened.
I wish that in your next stay in Milan you'll choose our hotel once again so that we can show you our professionalism. peaceful stay and also the convenience we can offer.
Best regards
The Managing Director
Roberto Figliola

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good location, clean, quiet and spacious rooms but extremely cold at night during winter (heater turned off during the night) and 2 out of 3 managers really not helpful with a poor level of english and even rude ...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sidonie1990
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice little hotel located 20 - 30 minutes walk from the Cathedral and city centre.

5 minutes from Metro, small supermarket, atms (banks), restaurant, a bar or two and retail shops.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Nice clean rooms with a/c and balcony.

No problem with noise in this hotel.

The large timber door at the entrance to the hotel has no mention of the hotel except for Aubergo 3 star.

The bed sheets to our double bed were not large enough and we are average build.

Otherwise very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed sheets.