“Great hotel - Terrible area”

Doubletree by Hilton Milan
Ranked #103 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel itself is fine. If it weren't for the streetwalkers offering themselves to passersby I would stay here again. As it is I cannot recommend this hotel due to the fact that it is in what appears to be a right light district.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
gregoriopecoraro, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear John O,

I'm happy you appreciate our Hotel and the High level of service we offer.
The Hotel is located in a business district close to Headquarters of Multinational Company and close to the MI.Co., the biggest Congress center in Europe, the Rho Fair, S. Siro Stadium and at a reasonable distance (a short ride by tram 20-25 minutes) to the Duomo.
Our area is a business area so it very calm and safe also at night, also if occasionally it's possible to meet some streetwalkers (it happen all around Milan also in the center). We are working with local police to render it less visible and I'm confident you will not find this problem anymore on your next stay.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've just spent a week at this Hotel on business. The rooms were clean and tidy, and the staff were very helpful. Great breakfast selection, and for the evening, Luca in the Bar can mix a great cocktail! A wider selection of food using Room Service, and an iron in the room would be the only negatives.

1  Thank Wayne2000

Dear Wayne2000,

I'm happy you had a nice stay with us and I appreciate the fact you could appreciate also the mood of our personnel and the warm hospitality of our brand. I'll take care of your advice on our room service menu. Because of safety procedures it is not possible to put an iron in the room but we can carry it in the room with a board just on request at the desk.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I believe the principal point is that the hotel is pretty far away from the centre. Prices for a stay are good, but it will take 45min in the morning to get to the centre by public transport… trams are however plentiful (unless there is Milan's monthly transport strike is which case it will be more patchy).
Staff was very nice, check-in and -out efficient.
Rooms are decent, the bed is very good. My TV had a number of international channels that where not displayed correctly - pixeled and sound interruptions.
Breakfast wasn't brilliant. OJ and grapefruit juice very sweet. Limited fresh fruit. I was early, so the toast machine didn't work yet…
Limited number of bars/restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Dear Srm,

Thank you for taking your time writing a review of our hotel. The Hotel location is strategic for business man who need to stay in the area because of the long list of Company having them headquarters in the area or because of the Mico (congress center) or the fair that are easyly reachable from the Hotel. Usually by tram it takes 20-25 minutes to get to the center and this is the reason why our hotel is choosen also from leisure travellers who want to pay the right price for a full services branded hotel. I'm happy you appreciate our staff and our beds and I hope to see you soon in our property.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Servis, lodging wondeful, breakfast is average but OK Location is about 15 min by car to Duomo, For the Families; Looks like red light distric but it is safe and quiet, you can find free parking front of the hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful review. It's crucial for us to meet client expectantions and we are happy we reach you satisfaction.
Thanks

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Constant noise due to the central air conditionning which has not been solved. I had to call many times and 2 maintenance persons came and showed me two other rooms which were also noisy. They could not provide earplugs and I slept very badly.

Dear Francoise,

I'm sorry for the problem you had in the room. I can assure this is an exception and usually the air condition works well and silently. I'm sorry you were so disappointed to not profit of a room change that for sure could solve the problem. I hope to welcome again in our Hotel as to be able to offer our hospitality at the best.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Being here on business I mainly want a comfortable bed and a decent service. The bed was great with plenty of extra down pillows. The temperature was easily adjusted and the room was very clean.

There is some construction around and the windows are not 100% sound proof but it is quiet and I slept very well. Room service was quick and decent although the choices are a little limited. The breakfast was very good although they need more than one coffee machine!

As far as the location - it was perfect for me, I was going to be using taxis to visit customers at any rate so - no problem. It was under 20Euros for a taxi into the Duomo or you can take a tram from a nearby station for less. I recommend this hotel to business travelers.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the courtyard or just ask for a room far away from the construction in front.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. It's crucial for us to meet client expectations and we are happy we reach you satisfaction.
Thanks

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and l stayed at this hotel during a business trip and found the rooms clean and very comfortable. Unfortunately, the hotel is located in an industrial area with alot of construction sites and requires a taxi to shopping and restaurants. Overall, the staff we pleasant but at times abrupt and not very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room overlooking tge courtyard
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 560djm

I'm Happy you find the Hotel nice and you appreciate our services.
I'm sorry you did not appreciate our location. The Hotel is located in Certosa business disctrict close to a lot of Multinational Company Headquarters, very close to the MiCo (Milan Congress Center, the biggest in Europe),Close to FieraMilanoCity, close to the main Fair (Rho fair) of Milan, the Stadium Citylife New Business district and the area of the new Expo 2015. In front of the Hotel there is also the Tram stop that can easily (20-25 minutes ride) get to the center, that's why our hotel is choosen also from leisure travellers who do not want to pay the Hig prices of the city center Hotel but have a full service branded hotel at a convenient rate.