“Nice Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Milan
Ranked #102 of 431 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Thought the location was good and the hotel is very clean. Very attractive place. The only downside is that there isn't any in room coffee service or even coffee in the lobby. Just overpriced espresso at the hotel restaurant/bar.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
gregoriopecoraro, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write your nice review. I hope to welcome you soon in our Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

If you re on a trip on a budget to milan I would advice this hotel, but a mean of transportation is a must.

I was on a short business trip and I had a car which made it easy for me to move around. The rooms were spacious and clean compared to regular milan rooms. The staff were friendly, but for sure the area was not that much at all. But again the price is great for such a value... And more importantly doubletree s most significant move is the warm cookie, and I had a cookie everyday and it was never warm !!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ismailsharkawy

Reviewed December 5, 2013

If you are in Milano as a tourist, dont stay here as it is out of town and has a quite disappointing setting (not safe at all!)

The rooms and the building itself were new and nice.

The cookies... OK, this might sound silly, but I have always associated Doubletree with cookies, which is their signature. The cookies in this hotel were not warm and not nice at all (unlike all the doubletrees I've stayed before):(

You have to take a tram to go to centre, but have to buy the tickets in advance from a Tobacco shop. (We weren't told this at the reception, when we asked about the transportation).

Breakfast was average.

Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm Happy you find the Hotel nice and you appreciate our services.
I'm sorry you did not appreciate our location. The Hotel is located in Certosa business disctrict close to a lot of Multinational Company Headquarters, very close to the MiCo (Milan Congress Center, the biggest in Europe),Close to FieraMilanoCity, close to the main Fair (Rho fair) of Milan, the Stadium Citylife New Business district and the area of the new Expo 2015. In front of the Hotel there is also the Tram stop that can easily (20-25 minutes ride) get to the center, that's why our hotel is choosen also from leisure travellers who do not want to pay the Hig prices of the city center Hotel but have a full service branded hotel at a convenient rate.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel is not conveniently located. The breakfast selections were poor and undesirable. My room was in front of a construction site that will probably last a year. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandra V

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Nice Hotel. Close to Via le Certosa and Milano fair. The employees are really supporting and nice. The area is interesting but everything is fine. Breakfast and the restaurant are nice and the food has a good taste.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have previously had a great stay with Doubletree in Amsterdam - Milan was quite inconsistent. No food after 11pm (great welcome for a late flight, and no, a cookie does not constitute dinner) and no irons/ironing boards in rooms. When you need to get in, get ready for the working day and get to sleep, this wasn't a great start at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry W
gregoriopecoraro, Proprietario at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Terry W,

I'm sorry you did not find our restaurant open because of your late flight. Like suggested from our receptionist the Bar is open until midnight with a various selection of food (Pizza, Sandwiches, Salads ) as to permit to have some food also so late. I'm sorry you did not take advantage from this and I will take your suggestion in consideration to extend the restaraunt opening time. I'm happy you appreciate our rooms and in particular the cleaning of them giving us a good vote on your review and I'm sure that you can understand that to comply with Italian and USA Fire and Safety rules we can not put iron and iron board in the room. To provide this service we have a dedicated room where you can use them at disposal 24 Hrs of our guests. It should be enough to ask us about and we could provide a solution, but we did'nt receive any request. I'm sorry we were not able to satisfield and anticipate your desires and we look forward to have the possibilitie to regain your satisfaction in a next stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staring on the positives the hotel is very modern with spacious rooms and excellent staff as well as a great breakfast!

The major drawback however is its location - it is in the middle of nowhere and the surrounding area does not seem the safest place as many prostitutes are on the street directly outside the hotel. I certainly did not feel comfortable walking around the streets at night.

I go on many city breaks and a large part of my enjoyment is walking around the city center so distance does not usually bother me but it would take hours to walk from the hotel to il Duomo (centre of Milan). The number 12 tram is frequent and you can get this around the corner from the hotel however it still takes 25-30 mins to reach the tourist hotspots and again does not go through the best areas of Milan.

If you are in Milan on a city sightseeing trip I would avoid this hotel simply due to its location and surrounding area. To be honest I question why Mr Hilton decided to build one of his hotels here.

Lovely hotel but they really need to move it elsewhere!

Room Tip: Make sure this is the correct location for you before you book.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends