“Reservation issues”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Reservation issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my 2nd visit, since 2009. It is a very clean and comfortable business hotel. I had some issues with reservations over a changed name booking. They tried to charge me over this, something which was their fault not mine. It was not handled well by the staff until I made an issue over it. This is something I should not have had to do. I am the customer and a Gold HH member. This marred an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I couldn't be more pleased with this hotel. The staff at the front desk went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Serena took the time to print out the necessary paperwork so our children could ride the bus transportation for free as that is a bonus for families in Milan. Every member of the staff we encountered were helpful and went out of there way. I felt the hotel was an excellent value.

Room: Comfortable, clean with modern décor. It is your standard Hilton. We had two rooms that were adjoining. My only issue was the wifi signal was bad. WE had to go to the hall or lobby to receive a decent signal. But, it with Gold status wifi was complimentary so I can't complain.

Food: The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of items. As Hilton gold members it was complimentary

Transportation/location: We arrived from the airport at nearby train station. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service only this station. I have read a lot of reviews bashing the location. I felt safe with my children there. It was a little off the beaten path, but very close to the bus & train.

We enjoyed our two nights in Milan and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed 2 nights there, room and bathroom were clean, had a view to the terrace where people were sunbathing. Location? It, of course, could not be like hotels in the city center but its not that bad, at least its quite at night, you just need to know how to use the trams, although the trams in this area were quite old and no A/C.

No iron in the room but they brought it to us within 5 minutes with an ironing board, however, we had to call 2 times to ask for more shampoo as we both have long hair and the shampoo was not enough for us, took a long while for the guy to bring it.

We had a light dinner at their restaurant, tomato mozzarella prosciutto with an italian wine cant go wrong in italy, this dinner was relaxing, after a long day out there in the city! One of the staff was not so friendly and we could barely hear what his voice.. the others and especially the supervisor/manager was really nice and helpful. Price was reasonable.

P.S. its near a park.. lots of pollen around

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
gregoriopecoraro, Proprietario at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear NumberThirtyFour,
it' a pleasure for me to read your review and I'm happy you appreciate our services. As you wrote we are not in the center of the city but it's very easy by bus or tram to reach the center in few minutes. I'm happy also that you had good time and good food in our restaurant. I hope to see you next time in Milan in our Hotel.
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was standard Doubletree fare: clean, comfortable, with a decent breakfast, etc. Actually, it is the first place that could prepare scrambled eggs we have stayed at in two and a half weeks in Italy.

All that said, there is a sign in the lobby basically saying beware of pick pockets, etc in the restaurant and bar. Apparently, the restaurant/bar is the happening night spot for locals and it brings with it a criminal element, hence the drop of one star in ranking.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Wolf19d,

thank you for spending time to write a review of our Hotel and I'm happy you appreciate our sevices and our Doubletree breakfast. In effect on your review you gave us for times 5 star and one time two star for the location and I'm surprised that the review appear only with three stars. By the way our location is of course not in the center of the city but permit to reach wlaking or in one metro stop the MICO (the biggest congress center in Europe) the Milan Rho Fair and the S.Siro stadium. ALso in our area there are a lot of headquarters of national and international company we work with. It's also not difficult to reach the city center by tram, the stop is in front of the Hotel entrance, and at the desk we sell bus tickets.
We put in the common area of the Hotel the advise to take care of personal belongings because being a business Hotel it happen sometimes that the lobby is full of group of people coming for Fair or Meetings and also if we have our security guard to control the area all day, to avoid any possible problem we prefer to tell our guest to pay attention. I'm sorry you take this as a bad message and of course this was not the intention. I do not understand when you say that our restaurant is frequented also by locals (why this should be a criminal intent?). As said before we are a business hotel and we usually have group that makes meeting/training sessions in our hotel and usually spend the dinner in our restaurant. I think you refer to the fact that our restaurant was full of people, hotel guests, and it is absolutely normal that it can happen.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed during a business trip, and it took a long taxi ride from the Linate airport to reach the hotel as we crisscrossed over Milan. The hotel is located not in the central of Milan, and is considered a bit `off' the tourist map. In terms of convenience, it is located near a tram station, and I was able to easily take a tram to go down to the Duomo. The tickets are sold at the hotel reception, which I find is a very good service provided.
Breakfast has a nice spread but never changes. So, if you are someone who likes consistency, then this is a plus point, if not, this could be boring.
I did order some room service, and while I won't praise the food, the service quality was good.
The room itself is fairly comfortable, new and comes with free wifi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gregoriopecoraro, Proprietario at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Cuddles08,

I'm happy you appreciate our services and standards and I want to thank you for spending your time to write a review. We will take care of your comment.
Thanks again.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Now if you are driving, which I doubt a tourist does in Milan and all of Italy but if you are then as I understand from what the front desk told me, the hotel is only a 10 mnts drive to the city centre. But if you arent, and taking a tram, it can take a good 30 odd minutes to reach the city centre. The hotel is next to a under construction building with nothing to do in the vicinty whatsoever.
The hotel per se is very nice, its a new property, has a nice grand lobby, couple of restaurants / bars in the lobby as well which looked all neat and contemporary.
Upon check-in what started was a funny experience wherein I caught the front desk completely off guard. Now I am a privileged member with Hilton and have been so since long now so as to know all the nuances and tricks of how Hilton properties work and how to get the best deals. I am by default eligible for suite upgrades and thus when I requested one here (since it wasnt automatically provided), I was told by the front desk, that it is not available. Few minutes later I again checked and told her that am here only for one night and something should be possible, she again said nothing is available. I checked into my room, which was nice and new with a fancy bath as well, I logged onto Hhonors.com and looked for 4 suites for that night in the same hotel and as expected, the site showed up all 4 suites available. I went to the front desk to confront them and the lady wasnt available who checked-me in, and so I said ask her to call me back. I received no call and when I was going out, I met that lady and she told me the funniest lie ever - she said, suites are all booked but they havent taken off the site. I said what happens for people who make their reservation online, she said they contact them and tell them its not available. Ha ha - really lady? you saying that? What if someone booked a room from the airport, got into the flight to Milan and reached ur hotel, then what? Ha ha - the amount of lies I heard from her were surprising and something one doesnt expects from a Hilton property at all. Her face was to be seen when she gave me all those answers. There were lies written everywhere.

Anyways, besides this weird experiece, the hotel if not for the location, is a decent property. Book it if they give u a good deal.

Room Tip: Opt for any room as there are no views whatsoever.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gregoriopecoraro, Proprietario at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Thewanderee-nammo,
I thank you for the nice review and I'm happy you appreciate the quality of our property.
Our location is mostly appreciated of course from guest that comes in Milan for business being the Hotel very close to the Milan Congress Center and to the Fair but is well appreciated also from guests caming for leisure that prefer to have the quality and confort of an Hilton property always with a convenient rate (of course lower than the Hotel located in the center) and spend 10/15 minutes by bus to arrive to the center. As one of our best HHonors guest Serena, our receptionist, gave you the best room available on the day of your arrival situated at the upper floor . I'm sorry she were not able to explain you that for that day we had not available any suite because of the High occupancy of the Hotel. Also if you found it available from the first page of the website going on with the reservation you would not be able to confirm that kind of room because our inventory for that day was closed for suite. Our hotel is mostly a business Hotel and the suites are composed of two rooms joined togheter by a connection with two doors so when we have a high request we close the availability of suites and we sell the two rooms separeted. I thank you for showing us how it can be misunderstood from the web sites and I will take all the action necessary to let not appear the availability of suite also in the first page of our web site when we close them on sale.
I hope to see you again in my property as to take the opportunity to show you our passion for our work.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a standard Hilton hotel, everything works as it should. Staff are friendly , Hotel appears to be very new. Close by to a central park area and local restaurants and tram. Secure parking to rear of Hotel. Would stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business