“Funk and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Brellin

El Brellin
Reserve with
El Brellin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #554 of 8,085 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Navigli
Tromso, Norway
“Funk and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were the first guests to lunch. The place played funk and rock from the 70s over the sound system. Our waiter could have been taken from a biker movie. Cool, we thought.
Slightly nonchalant but attentive service.
The food was surprisingly good, I ate my best ravioli during the stay in Milan. Also the bacalao tasted good. Dessert and generously filled glass with matured grappa was a good ending.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Key West, Florida
“Dont waste your time, you will waste a lot of it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Of all the places we ate in milan, this had the most indifferent service I have seen and below average food to boot--and half of the party was italian. Zucchini flowers tasted as though they were fried hours before and just stacked on a plate until used in an appetizer. Veal milanese was likewise greasy and past tasted like straight out of a box. Took us forty minutes to get wine, much less order and it wasnt that crowded.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Rob S
Milan, Italy
“If its food you're after, DON'T!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This cozy restaurant has an amazing location and the reviews I read were raving, which lead me to book a table for 2 at this "hot spot". They've got good service, upscaled prices, and bland food. This is not the first Milanese restaurant I've eaten at, and there are far better places to grab a heart warming meal, for half the price you pay at this excuse of a restaurant. The only visible and viable reason for an increase in the prices on their menu, is for the location they've got. We first split the spring roll starter, and after the much anticipated arrival of our dish, we were left playing 'Where's Waldo' with their flavours, but managed to only find his shirt. Now for the main course, I ordered the risotto (so called award winning), and was possibly the most bland risotto I've had, and after a disappointed experience, I asked the waiter to substitute it with something that had flavour in it. After noticing the most popular dish that was being served while we were waiting on our food (which was totally different based on their recommendations), I went with the flow and ordered the same, which was the veal with potato mash, which also, not surprisingly, was partially bland but definitely had salt as one of their main "spices". Now here comes the real treat to this entire experience. When we were handed the cheque, not only did they include the risotto in our billing, but proceeded to tell me that my taste was off, and as per restaurant policy I had to pay for it if it was ordered, regardless if I ate it or not. So here's my conclusion, great location, cozy atmosphere, oh yea the wine was good, horrible food, high prices and a careless attitude. I would never go back there and never recommend it to anyone I know or don't, unless if I didn't like them :P!

2 Thank Lawrence D
“Disappointment over food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The starters brought in the first disappointment. For the price of the main dish, i had some spring roll - ONE piece- with something that did not taste like anything mentioned on the menu. The risotto dish that supposedly got an award was not good at all - coming from a person who loves Italian food, risottos and pastas in particular. Service great though. As well as the atmosphere. Pity that food is not 'value for money' ...

Milan, Italy
“Dissapointment!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The ambiance was fine but don't go if you want to eat good italian food ! Everything that they served us was so vapid !

• Visited February 2014