“Absolutely not!! TERRIBLE service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Brellin

El Brellin
Reserve with
El Brellin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #544 of 8,030 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Navigli
“Absolutely not!! TERRIBLE service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We didn't even get to experience the food or the drinks because the staff are so unfriendly. Do not waste your money here!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bec-Westaus

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

we had a lovely meal in the garden, although the restaurant was fully booked the staff was very friendly, the food was excellent, altogether with a good atmosphere; price level higher than in the average restaurant, but ok with the choice and quality offered, excellent presentation of the food

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Candlelit dinner for two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

my partner and I had an enchanting evening. Dinner in the courtyard, candlelight, and the canal. Wonderful. Oh, yes, the food was very good too.

• Visited August 2012
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Very good, if not a little pretentious ..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

On our last night in Milan we decided to eat at this restaurant. We had been to others in the area of the canals of Milan and each time the food had been excellent.

When we arrived beside the little stream we were greeted and shown to a table in the small, quite private area beside the restaurant, where there were approx. 12 tables. There were 3 of us, we were given menu's and after a few minutes were asked if we wanted to order drinks. We ordered and the waiter went inside the restaurant, but very quickly we were approached by the sommelier who brought the wine, and proceeded to offer a small taste, before pouring for us all. He wore a silver coloured chain with a large object that looked like a huge beer bottle top (the tasting cup) and a different uniform to the waiters.

Two of us ordered starters, but when they arrived my daughter got her main at the same time. Our fault really, as we hadn't specified otherwise, but it seemed a little odd. The food was very good, high quality and served beautifully. However for what it was, I believe it was somewhat overpriced .. my main was chicken and it was just that, a piece of chicken in a tasty sauce, but nothing else on the plate. I was glad I ordered a starter, and at 24 euros that was an expensive breast of chicken.

I know its nice to eat at these posh and highly rated restaurants but I did feel it was a restaurant trading on its good name, and not giving terribly good value with regards to the food anyway. Wines were much more reasonable than I expected.

Overall for 2 starters, 3 mains (all very pretty and tasty but there wasn't a lot to them) and 2 desserts, accompanied by a bottle of Prosecco (standard Italian wine) and a half bottle of red wine we paid 178 euros. There are equally good restaurants along the canal, in fact within a few yards of this place and I believe they gave far better value for money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jules1962
Mt Eliza, Australia
“Our first meal in Italy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had flown in to Milan from Australia early that Thursday morning and arrived at our hotel on the main Navigli canal at 8.30 am. Our rooms were ready (a lovely surprise) and, after settling in, we went for a wander. The restaurant was top of my list and very close to the hotel so we made a booking for lunch as we passed by. Upon walking in, I apologised for my poor Italian and the waiter said "Then I shall speak in English". He was a charming man and looked after us very well when we returned later for lunch.
We started with beer and an enormous glass of prosecco. It was a lovely day so we sat outside in the very leafy patio area and were the only patrons for at least half an hour. It began to fill up later but was still pretty quiet when we left after 2pm. She started with zucchini fritters with ham and I had bresaola with a goat's cheese pie. Our waiter had recommended a very good red wine and it was a perfect accompaniment to our entrees and the mains - breaded veal chop with potatoes au gratin for her and a roasted veal chop with risotto alla milanese for me.
Our two long flights were starting to take their toll so we opted for a rest back at the hotel rather than dessert.
This was one of the best meals we had during our 5 weeks in Italy and it was a wonderful introduction to a wonderful holiday. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we went back there for aperitivo that night once we had recovered from our flights. Their cocktails were excellent and the aperitivo area was considerably quieter than the bars across the canal. We noticed that the restaurant became very busy after about 8.30pm.

• Visited May 2013