“Good meal with local colleagues”

Ristorante Da Berti
Ranked #1,187 of 8,762 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a favorite restaurant for one of my local colleagues, which says a lot. The service was excellent and the food very good; we were in "la sala affrescata" (The frescoed room) which is ideal for "private" dining. A true taste of Milanese food and hospitality; located conveniently close to the centre but tucked away off the beaten track. Portions were generous and of good quality, and we had an enjoyable couple of hours.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our hotel also recommended the restaurant and we decided to give it a try. Upon entering, it appealed to my imagination of what a real Italian restaurant should look like.... a table full of antipasto choices, another table with pannetone and oranges. We got a table immediately. The menu had many classic choices, both my husband and I independently chose the magnum cotoletto and ristotto milanese. The food was prepared very quickly and was delicious. The portions were nice sized and they brought a dish of grated parmesean cheese to our table for the risotto. When my husband ordered wine, they brought a bottle to the table, poured him a glass and left the bottle on the table and told him if he wanted more just to pour another glass. I was so intrigued by the dessert cart ---- warm apple strudel, 6 flavors of custard, 4 different cakes, and the second shelf had poached pears, poached oranges. It was absolutely gorgeous! We had the apple strudel and loved it. The staff was friendly and efficient (and spoke english!)
I think the best part of the restaurant is that it was not a touristy place. I looked around and there were families, business people, and friends dining. A true restaurant where the locals go. Try it!

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I was advised to this restaurant by a business friend who is from Milan. I went with my wife, the restaurant is in a small hidden street, my wife was a bit scared in the beginning cause of the street, but as soon as we entered the restaurant, we loved the place. The old wooden ceilings, old chairs, everything, everything was amazing and pure old Italian.. They offered fried meet balls as a starter and a bread basket, then we ordered 2 caprese salads then we went for the mushroom Milanese risotto and the ricotta and spinach ravioli with walnut sauce, and by far were the best I ve ever had in milan. We then had the panacotta tart and white chocolate mousse which were even better so we ordered one more white mousse.

The restaurant was amazing, the food was full of flavors and above all it was not a touristic place and the staff were super friendly. Will definitely go there again

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We decided to go to Milano for the night to shop and experience a great local style dinner. After having a dreadful lunch experience in the centre of the shopping district we decided to check TripAdvisor before selecting a restaurant for dinner. We chose Rastaurante Da Berti because it was close to our hotel and had good reviews. When we arrived we were the only diners at the restaurant which seemed a little strange considerring it was Friday night. The waiter explained that the restaurant is in a banking area of MIlan and is very busy through the days and week day evenings however on the weekend it can be quiet. The feel inside the restaurant is very welcoming and local. Our waiter, Velario, was outstanding and provided a prefessional and warm level of service. We decided to share our entres and rather than have us dish it up Valerio brought over a serving table and shared the entres for us, great! Our mains were lovely and while i would say the presentation was not fine dining the flavour of the dishes was traditional, hearty, and had that special warmth well cooked Italian food can have. Our standout dishes for the evening were the handmade ravioli stuffed with fresh artichokes, the pastachio cream and apple struddel on the desert trolley. As there werent many diners in the restaurant when we finnished the waiter took us to the wine cellars to view the 160 year old collection of Vino .... the perfect end to our Milano experience.

1  Thank Wgeine
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was in Town for business and got the place recommended.
The food is absolutely Milanese, the decor and staff also and for a random wednesday evening it got quickly full of locals and, even better, usual customers.
The dishes may not look fancy and elaborated but they taste just like you'd wish them too.
Try the Nervetti in the starters (buffet as well).
The Risotto con Ossobuco will just remain in your memories.