“The best dining experience in Milan!”

Ex Mauri Osteria di tradizione
Reserve with
Ex Mauri Osteria di tradizione is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,665 of 8,388 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to Ex Mauri on our first night in Italy - setting the bar so high it's no surprise that nowhere else over the 10 days came close! The rustic, understated decor with exposed brick, reclaimed furniture and scattered tealights creates a warm and intimate feel. The food was delicious - adventurous but not pretentious, from the olive bread taster to the squid ink risotto and fig tart to finish, I couldn't fault this place. Located in a quieter part of Milan means it took a while to find but well worth the visit!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

LOVE this place. My wife and I went for a - date - night and it was a lovely romantic and relaxing place . From the owner Maximo, checking you in, to our server, the service was excellent. We move onto some Italian vino, the recommendation was also a success they have a large selection.
The food was super yum. Everything was fresh and authentic. We had the octopus carpaccio for starter, branzino pasta and split their fish of the day. The food here reminded me of the three weeks we got to spend in Italy. It's NOT all about red sauce and cheese. It's about food that is fresh, seasonal and so tasty that it doesn't need to be too dolled up. The ambiance was nice too- it wasn't a ridiculously loud restaurant and the space is filled with antique and hard to find gadgets as ornaments, the wine cell is spectacular you can see it from the dining table trough the glass below you.
Clean, friendly and welcoming atmosphere is also what you will find at ex mauri
I will recommend ex mauri to everyone traveling to Milan

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The restaurant is slightly away from the center of Milan, need a metro or a taxi, however it is more than worth the trip. The decor in the restaurant is excellent, the rustic feel makes it a perfect atmosphere for groups/couples. Our waiter, which we guessed was the manager, was so attentive and helpful with recommending dishes, the food was outstanding quality and perfectly sized dishes. We didn't make desert, but had some after dinner drinks, and when I asked the manager which grappa was best he bought out 4 different bottles and let us try and decide.
This was an outstanding restaurant, I cannot do it justice with words, GO HERE!

1  Thank immense_skier
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had an excellent dinner at Ex Mauri. Food was fantastic, wine was good, and the service was brilliant. The antipasti (sardines) was brilliant - best sardines that I've ever had. The grilled pork is a must have! mm..I still salivate at that thought. And there was a live band that evening - icing on the cake! Worth the walk (yes, a bit quiet and construction works going on on that street) to explore and enjoy that restaurant! - Happy Singaporean travellers

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Been there with my son for a saturday night dinner... Cosy, charming atmosphere, pleasant service and good quality food. The menu is not large but anyhow intriguing with a special accent on the recipes with baccala'. A solid choice for a quality dinner properly priced.