“Very nice”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Porta Venezia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Good food and great service, especially since they knew we were celebrating a birthday! Bar is lovely for a drink too!

1  Thank sheena g

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Absolutely loved Gold. Had cocktails in the bar before dinner, the Gold Mule is a must try! The mojitos come in amazing glasses, I wanted one but there was no glasses left so I had the Mule and wasn't disappointed.

Gold was everything I expected and more. The food was fantastic, I had a gold burger which was awesome - fois gras coated in gold on top of my burger. My girfriend had squid ink linguini with seafood which tasted as good as it looked.

If you go here you must have the signature Gold dessert - it is so impressive, however we could only share it as we were soo full after all the food we ate!

The toilets are impressive too! TV's in the back of the door which were showing James Bond when we went.

The staff were very good too! We had only arrived in Milan that day and were not familiar with the area. One member of staff got out his iphone and showed us a map on it and explained where we were and before we knew it he had ordered us a cab back to our hotel. Top service.

1  Thank Anthony K
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

If you want a restaurant that is stylish this is the place to go. The atmosphere is amazing, the food is unique. The bar is beautiful. The amount of detail and thought put into this restaurant is easily noticeable. Definitly get the gold bar dessert! It was very rich and had gold leaf on top

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

A big disappointment. You would never know this is a D&G restaurant as the design is simply average, the food is fair, and the atmosphere was quite dull. We arrived @ 9pm and it was nearly empty the entire time we were there on a Friday night. I was excepting much more from these fantasticly daring designers. Come on guys, give us more passion!

1  Thank GlobalSwagger
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Gold appealed to me on all levels - it is so well branded, everything is indeed gold - including the signature dessert, the business cards and the decor. They even show 'Goldfinger' on video screens in the ladies loos!

The food is generally very good, I have been a few times and have never been disappointed. The fish in particular is absolutely delicious.

It's over the top, it's dramatic and it's pricey - but it's also an experience that will delight anyone who likes kitschy, 80s bling!