“Excellent meal in Milan”

Restaurant Pizzeria Maruzzella
Ranked #416 of 8,382 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My sons and I were missing the great pizza we had in Naples, so I used Yelp to find a place near our hotel and Maruzella popped up. We had about a 10 minute walk from our hotel, Hotel Berna through a cool neighborhood full of funky bars and restaurants. The only complaint I have about the restaurant is that you have to wait outside while waiting for a table, and they don't take your name or give you a number, so it's a bit haphazard on how you get in, but it's absolutely worth it. The wine was great, the pizza close to what we had in Naples, and the atmosphere lively. I would definitely go back to Maruzella.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading reviews on TA arrived just before opening and safely secured a table. Within 30mins the restaurant was rammed with locals with more queuing outside. Good food, efficient service and not overpriced. Worth a visit but be early or prepared to wait!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I can truly recommend this restaurant! If you want to eat there in the evening, I suggest being there few minutes before they open. Luckily for my wife and me, we were offered a table almost immediately, but 10 minutes later the place was full. Even though they claim on their website that booking a table is not possible, I heard the manager talking to his friends (in Italian and English) booking a table for them,
If it comes to foo- first of all, atey have exquisite pizza! Go for something simple as a starter and you will not regret. I had a steak in pepper souce and my wife- frutti di mare spaghetti. Both were extremely tasty! A jar of vino di casa made the dinner a great experience. Go there and you will not regret!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A perfect pizza in an Italian restaurant...what could be a better start of the Italian holiday? The atmosphere, the wine, the pizzas...just the way we want it to be. Always a good sign when the locals eat in the restaurant and here we were almost the only foreign tourists, at least it felt that way. The waiter could have been smiling a little more but apart from that it was perfect!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went here on a weekend break with partner having read the rave reviews on TA.

Not much to say really as it wasn't anything special we were led to believe. Shared starter of calamari €20 euros was ridiculously overpriced & very plain, asked for Mayo as was very dry....came in sachets!!

Pizza very ordinary, not enough tomato & cheese very strong. You can get better elsewhere without having to queue & watch for extra charges as they charge you €4 for the privilege of sitting in a noisy canteen atmosphere, with no bread to snack on which is pretty common in Italy. Just don't bother.

Been to Restaurant Pizzeria Maruzzella? Share your experiences!