“Good food, but . . .”

Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Toronto (GTA), Ontario, Canada
“Good food, but . . .”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We thought we'd give Maruzzella a shot since most of the ratings on here are positive - but we quickly understood the comments on the poor service. The host/waiter who greeted us told us the wait would be 5 minutes, but as we waited the owner came to the front and began seating people who clearly arrived after us. Two other couples who came in after us instantly got tables, and my Italian is not the greatest but I'm certain the host/waiter who told us 5 minutes began to get frustrated with the owner for making him look like a liar. The irritation must have been written all over my face, and we were seated after about 10 or 15 minutes.

It took a while for anyone to come to our table, but when they finally did we ordered the seafood risotto and the spaghetti with lobster, along with a side of grilled vegetables. The mains were delicious, although the spaghetti with lobster is served with a half lobster on the plate and requires some "cracking", so it's a bit messy to eat. The grilled vegetables were cold and waaay overpriced at 8 Euro. The tiramisu was so creamy and yummy - one of the best I've ever had.

Definitely have mixed feelings about this place, as we had a great meal but it was a bit pricey and the service needs major improvement.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Carson City, Nevada, United States
“Fine Milan restaurant”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my wife and son tonight. We shared bufalo mozzarella caprese and a pitcher of the house red. My son had the pizza diavola, I had the seafood spaghetti and my wife had spaghetti porcini. We had two mixed green salads. The caprese was fresh and tender. The seafood on my spaghetti was generous including clams, mussels, baby octopus, langostino in a light tomato sauce. The pizza was good, but my wife didn't care for her spaghetti. Total cost was 75€. It was good, and I would eat there again, but I would probably try pizza next time.

• Visited May 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but extremely busy”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The food here is excellent but be prepared to wait (or reserve a table well in advance)! We were lucky on our first visit and got a table straight away but on subsequent visits we were forced to wait for a very long time. The pizzas are highly recommended and prices are very reasonable.

Visited April 2013
Hangzhou, China
“Good taste, nice service”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

When I came there at 20:30, there is still queuing. 4 couples before us. The boss provides free drink and pizza slices for the queue. It's hard to wait for a table at a western restaurant so we chose to do takeaway. Ordered a pizze napoli and rice with sea food, tastes good.

Visited April 2013
Malta
“Good food warm service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time there yesterday with mymfamily nwe had pizzas and risotto Milanese which was also food. You migt have to wait a bit to be seated since the place is very popular. Truly recommended.

Been to Restaurant Pizzeria Maruzzella? Share your experiences!