“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I followed the good advice from the reviewers here and went to this restaurant during my trip (two weeks ago). It was simply amazing! The risotto (alla milanegse, a specialty!) was amazing, and the panna cotta I had for desert was the best I ever had. The staff was simply amazing and I felt very well taken care of, and they were extremely professional! Always there when I needed it and I didn't even have to call for them except for asking for the bill. The place was really nice too and it was nicely decorated upstairs and great bathrooms. We had a meal for 2 (me and my boyfriend). This restaurant is totally worth it's value.

Only one problem: some people smoke when they eat and they really don't care. If that happens to you just ask to be moved to another table. Unfortunately it's a problem in Milan...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I liked everything about the food and wine and location. I didn't like the person smoking on the next table

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very good service and food ,went 3 times to have lunch in my 5 day visit .Best burrata so far in Milan .very friendly with tourists

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Don't be put off by its precariously-tourist location; this place cooks and serves fantastic food.

Service was most friendly and extremely attentive. Our glasses were topped up without us ever knowing they were. The waiters' english was excellent, so ordering and asking questions about the menu was never an issue.

Both my wife and myself ordered a risotto dish each was part of our dinner menu – the black cuttlefish risotto with scallops was full of flavour, as was the cheese and saffron risotto that accompanied my mouth-watering Osso Buco. Both were coked perfectly, the best risotto we've had, actually.

Afterwards, we had a most enjoyable chat with the maitre d, who imparted some local knowledge and views of Milan; it was most insightful, and enough for us to start planning our return visit next year.

We wanted to end our month-long Italian vacation (Lake Garda, Verona, Venice, Florence/Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Rome and Milan) on a high note, and Ristorante Galleria delivered, with warm hospitality and delicious italian cooking.
We'll be returning...

Grazie!

2  Thank happygo14
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ignore Felipe D's review below as inconsistent with the rest. This restaurant is the best we've patronized in over a week in Rome, Florence and Venice. First, the location in the Galleria off Piazza Duomo is fabulous. Second, if you want an idea of the service, read my review of Da Gigi in Venice, then think the opposite. From the moment you're welcomed by the maître d' to payment of the cheque, all staff seem to be focused on your dining experience. Domenico, in particular, was very attentive, and the maître d' himself came over to advise that they would prepare any dish we didn't see on the menu. I asked what speck was, and in a moment got a sample plate of it. The girls loved it. So we ordered the prosciutto and melon, but asked to substitute speck and buffalo mozzarella, for the antipasti. We then went with the ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach in a butter sauce, the lasagne, the chicken salad and the pizza capricciosa with anchovies added. The portions aren't large, but perfectly sized given the richness of the food. All superb. We passed on dessert by the award winning pastry chef, but were served small ice cream cakes and pastries gratis anyway. All washed down by a fine 2009 chianti Classico reserva and two bottles of acqua gas. It was a fantastic meal with extremely fine service. €160 cover and gratuity included, but Domenic scored another €20 because of his attentiveness.