“Good menu for hotel restaurant”
Review of Casanova Restaurant - CLOSED

Casanova Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Housed at the Westin Palace Milan hotel on Piazza Della Repubblica, PanEVO is one of - if not the - most adored fine dining restaurants on the Milanese food scene. Recently renovated, the restaurant shines with its modern interior and invites its guests to linger in this warm atmosphere. Augusto Tombolato's refined cuisine invites guests to experience the best of traditional Italian regional cooking, with particular attention lavished on Lombard, Piedmontese and Ligurian dishes. Treat yourself to a healthy lunch prepared with fresh local ingredients or come and try out the wonderful wine list and let yourself be pampered by the impeccable PanEVO staff.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice local regional and seasonal cuisine. Service was great! Food and wine list was good. Must try the risotto!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

As we were staying away from the center, I decided to try the retaurant at our hotel. It was a fine dinner - nice selection of Italian dishes, very good service and quality food.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The Westin Palace's restaurant has first class food and service and ambience.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I ate here for dinner with my husband and we had a beautiful upscale dining experience. First, The restaurant is nicely decorated with beige, tan, cream and soft green paisley patterns on the furnishings. It is spacious and has large banquette couches for seating . Beautiful fresh linens, votive candles on tables and soft lighting make for a very pleasant atmosphere.

I am happy to report that the service was amazing and so was the food! We were served by two young men and one older gentleman who attended to and anticipated our every need. They all spoke some English and all were extremely polite and friendly. We had a very smooth and comfortable meal with no long wait time for anything. Water was poured, drinks were replenished, and between courses the table was crumbed and cleaned.
Besides the exceptional service, the food was extremely delicious. Both my husband and I enjoyed every course. When we were first seated, a complimentary basket full of a variety of delicious breads were put on the table .along with butter. Next we were given a complimentary amuse bouche or small appetizer. It was a piece of smoked beef carpaccio with some cheese and basil and pesto sauce. My husband enjoyed his, and when the waiter heard that i was allergic to smoke flavoring, he brought me a dish of fresh mozzerella cheese with basil and tomato and pesto sauce. I thought it was very kind of him to do that, since it was a complimentary appetizer.
I had a chicken kebab for my main course, and it was served with thai style rice and ginger sauce and poached pears. I am very picky about how i like my chicken cooked, and I thought that this chicken was cooked perfectly. It was juicy and tender, and very tasty. It was also a very generous sized portion. The rice was also perfectly seasoned and tender. The poached pears had a nice bit of caramelization on them, and were also very delicious. I have eaten in many five star restaurants around the world and I have many friends who are chefs and I have also taken quite a few cooking classes and attended many cooking events, so I am very knowledgeable about gourmet food. I am also hard to please and I was so happy to find such a gem of a restaurant in Milan. Special dietary needs were easily taken care of too. My husband had a tuna noisette dish that normally comes with eggplant and green zuchinni, but my husband can't eat either of those vegetables so upon special request they gave him brocolli and carrots instead. The waiter said it was no problem to change the vegetables. My husband enjoyed his meal, saying it was flavorful and delicious. Also nice was that both entrees were placed in front of us at exactly the same time, like synchronized dancing. It was fun to watch and we felt like special honored guests all throughout our meal.
Desert was great too. I had the gelato fantasy, which is a cup of ice cream with several scoops of different flavors, served with a chocolate caramel wafer. I had mentioned that my favorite flavors were chocolate, hazelnut, strawberry and pistachio, and the waiter made sure to bring me exactly those flavors! The gelato tasted fresh and sweet and perfect. My husband had a bavarian creme which came surrounded by a cup made of dark chocolate. It also had a few small berries which was a nice touch. My husband thoroughly enjoyed it. After desert we were offered complimentary tea or coffee. We were too full to drink it, but we also were presented with a small plate full of tempting sweet biscuits and chocolates, also complimentary. Even though we were full, I couldn't resist the kind gesture and I ate a few. They were also yummy and well worth the extra calories.

One of the nicest things about our meal and service was that every need was provided for, and we never felt rushed. We chose to linger a while after our meal, and made one last special request. A dear friend of ours recently passed away and we wanted to light a candle for her in her memory. Without telling our waiter about our friend's death, we simply asked if we could light a votive candle, and the request was grated with a smile. Then the waiter brought out matches and a lighter for us to choose which method was best. We were then left in peace to discuss the memory of our special friend. This was so much appreciated.

From start to finish, this was a wonderful dinner and I highly reccommend that anyone visiting Milan come here for a special dinner. Yes, the restaurant is a bit pricy, but well worth it for the attentive service and quality food. It would be a great place for a romantic dinner date, birthday or anniversary dinner, a splurge to pamper yourself or just a special night out with friends and family.

2  Thank Iamaworldtraveler
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I ordered the smoked duck and mango salad to start than the macaroni with octopus.
The food is nice, nothing bad about it.
But the place is too small, dark, and service not too professional.
I didn't feel that there is something extraordinary about this place, but if you are sleeping at the west in, it's nice to try.