“Very yummy”

Ranked #2,112 of 8,504 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navigli
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was suggested by a friend to have lunch at Panino Giusto. I had a very positive experience.
food is very fresh and yummy. My two children (and wife) enjoyed a lot the great selection of paninos and warm dishes available. The money you spend worths the food. More expensive than a fast food but cheaper that a restaurant (approximately same quality).

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We decided to have an aperitif at Panino Giusto in Cso Porta Ticinese at 06.30 PM on January,1st 2013.
It was really a funny experience .. .just because the three of us decided we would face 2013 with optimism but it was really "depressing" if this is the restaurant offer of the city.

We were assigned (no way to decide what table to have though the place was not that crowdy) a table still covered with crumbles from previous Clients' break- no problem, we thought staff would have fixed it before serving us our orders.. wev were immediatly proved wrong: the same girl who showed us to our table, immediately placed the paper clothes on it.. my friedd decided to be optimistic again and lifted them cleaning the table by his arm. The girl was still there and not even mention "Sorry, I'll get something to clean it better".

Let's go on: we asked for: "1 spritz (typical Italian aperitif) and 2 hot teas- 3 portions of mixed "tartine" - kind of sandwiches"
The order sent the new girl in great distress: "Each tartina portion is made of two pieces so you wish 3 and 3 and 3?"
"No, we are three, each portion is two, it means we would like to have a total of 6 tartina and mixed so as not to eat the same tartina".
"I do not get it ".
One of us left the table pretending to go to the toilet.
I patiently told her (I am Italian and I was therefore speaking her language.. my English or my Italian was not the issue.. I think) "Each portion is made of two pieces of bread, right?"
"Right"
"Ok, so I wish to have 2 tartina with Parma Ham- he wishes to have 2 tartina with Parma Ham and my friend who just left wishes as well 2 tartina with Breasaola. All together is 2+2+2=6. Does it make sense?"
"Yes, now I got it."
"Ok, can I have an Earl Grey Tea? "
" Mmmhh" the girl replied "We just have Twining".
"It is Twining. It is the essence, the flavour- the teabag is pale yellow and it says it on the tea bag- Earl Grey - Bergamotto".
"Ah.. don't know.. I am not keen on teas.."
"What about reading? " I thought.. "Ok, just two hot teas"
Girl went away just to be back tow secs later "We cannot have spritz... We do not have sparkling wine"
My friend is from Venice and they have spritz mixing white wine and aperol, so we suggested that solution.. I found a little incredible we clients suggested her, the waiter, an alternative solution so that she could not lose the sale.. but keep smiling and be optimistic.. it is the first day of 2013
4 secs later another guy from the staff came in "You are the ones of the campari??" His Italian sounded a little "exotic" so I assumed he is not Italian and I excused his "informal" addressing.
"No," I said "we are the ones of the spritz with white wine"
"Ah.. but you cannot have it with white wine.. you need sparkling wine"
"We know " we all said "but it looks like you ran over sparkling wine "
"Oh, I did not know".. well, my dear, you are from the staff..if you do not know....

Finally got teas, spritz and tartinas...hard work!!!

My friend decided he needed toilet.. this time a man from kitchen ran out with a white paper he meant to stick o the toilet door.. it is broken.. the girl from the order told him "You cannot.. it is not legal not to have the toliet working".. I think it is not legal if your place does not have a toilet .. structurally.. it is not illegal if it gets broken during the service
It is not effective and economical valid if it breaks down and you do not call someone to fix it.. But this is a total different story
It is not customer friendly if you shout through the place your toilet is not working.. but this is still a different story

We finally decided to go and pay.. I asked the invoice and paid.
I finally told the lady "Thank you and best wishes for 2013" .. no one had ever wished us happy new year or anything jolly..
Can you imagine the reply? " Eh.. best wishes for 2013.. I am still here and see how things go.. it looks not good"

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Panino Giusto offers milan best sandwiches. They have a huge list, very good divided in different sections with the main ingredient. All fresh made when ordered. Whenever I take a flight from Milan Linate Airport I order a sandwich take-away to eat on the plane. It's a pleasure. My favorite sandwiches are Garibaldino with Breasola, Mozzarella and Rucola and Montigu with fresh thin sliced raw meat....

1  Thank Nelz1703
Reviewed November 16, 2012

great location, decoration, staff.... and last - but not the least - magnificent paninis!!!! Tasteful, various, fresh.... wide selection of types and tastes!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Panini are great and there's also good selection of salads and other snacks; friendly staff and nice environment - visit the one close to Porta Venezia and take a look at the nearby buildings, they represent the finest Liberty buildings you see around Milan