“Reasonably modern good-value hotel”

Idea Hotel Milano San Siro
Ranked #373 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Although somewhat out-of-the way, the location was fine for our purposes, The hotel is reasonably modern and clean, as were our bedrooms and bathrooms (although there were some unattractive marks on the bedroom walls). Other downsides included a swarm of bugs which infiltrated the lobby on at least one of the nights (and feasted on my family), as well as the 8 Euro charge for parking (which seemed a little odd given the ample space available and the remote location). .

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jondo21
There are newer reviews for Idea Hotel Milano San Siro

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a sorry sample of a hotel. This property service tour buses with one night stay, so the hotel staff runs the place like a motel. The staff was VERY rude and would not help you with anything, including a map. When the air conditioning did not work and we were asked to open the window, however behind the property is a farm with lot of mature around. The room was soon full of horseflies and the bugs bit us several times. In addition, there is NOTHING around the property: I mean no café, no markets, NOTHING!! After 11:00am you will have to pay up to 15 euro one way to return from the Metro station. You pay for WIFI and the speed is akin to dial-up. I would NOT recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from farm in back of property, too many flies.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent C
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed one night after watching a match at the San Siro. The room was spacious comfortable and very clean. We had an excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was buffet style with lots of choice, it was very busy. This hotel seemed to us more like a conference, business type of hotel. It was o.k for our stop over but I wouldn't stay for any length of time. It's a bit out of the way.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KASHMAC
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hotel Idea at San Siro, Milano, Itali is perfect place to stay while you are in Milano. Beautuful lobby, clean water of swimming pool, beautiful land scapes & specious room leave you astonished. Specious bathrooms and and perfect interiors of rooms make you feel comfortable while you are away from your home for quite a some time. Hotel staff are friendly and food is ok.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with my my husband and my 1 year old kid. We booked for a bigger bed but they showed us a smaller,so we waited again to have a bigger one. Since we were travelling with our own car we just wander in the cit. The good thing in the hotel is they have a free shuttle service which brought you to the next U-bahn station. The hotel is quite far from the city and located in an industrial area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were group and we stayed 2 nights...Hotel is really nice but...they charged for wi-fi 9€ per night or 5€ per hour...which is ridiculously...Also,tourist tax is 5€...that is the only bad thing there...The rest is good,clean rooms,nice decorated...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights when I went to saloni de mobile exhibition. Upon driving to the hotel you'd be forgiven for thinking you were lost as there is nothing around apart from an abandoned water park & the graffitied wall on the boundary of the grounds does it no favours at all. Once you're actually outside the hotel it has a nice appearance & the reception areas are pleasant. The rooms are ok - a little basic just about acceptable for the price- however the temperature of the room was close to 30 degrees & the air conditioning didn't work so it wasn't conducive for a comfortable nights sleep. The major let down for this hotel is the reception staff - it took over 10 minutes to check in only to be told that I only had a room for 1 night not 2 & that they couldn't sort it out straight away as they had to speak to the booking department. No-one came back to me that night so I had to join the queue again in the morning to find out what was happening. After 15 minutes they told me I did have a room for another night but my key wouldn't work & the machine was broken so I'd have to come back later. Which I did by which point there was a much bigger queue & it took almost 1/2 an hour to get my key back (with no apology). The food from the restaurant also wasn't very good quality - breakfast was just about acceptable (it was already becoming tiresome on the second day) & the evening meals were very expensive for what they were. (The salami, cheese & bread were the only things I enjoyed). The one saving grace of this hotel was the barman - very friendly, professional, energetic & eager to serve. Unless you have to I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business