“Enjoyed my stay”

Idea Hotel Milano San Siro
Ranked #375 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were there for a weekend with a friend. The room was brand new, very clean and quite big! We arrived around 23:00 PM and there was no problem with it. The reception even called a taxi for us to go out party at 1:00 AM. The hotel is not the best place to go for young people going to Milan for patying and shopping because of it's location (pretty far from the center of Milan). But it is a nice hotel to stay at + there are free shuttle buses!

Room Tip: Rooms for 2 are spacious and extremely clean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I hv reserved three double rooms to apply a visa for my group. Unfortunate, I made a wrong choice for a unfundable fare. Just several minutes, I found my mistakes and wrote a mail to booking.com to explain it and wanted to make a change to pay some penalty. But, after several days the hotel refused my application. Under this situation, I only have to pray that my group could get the approval for visa on the schedule. Unfortunate, my group have to change the schedule upon the visa status, I wrote to booking.com to apply for modify the check-in date. Same as last time, my application was refused. I don't give up because I think any four stars hotel could not do this way. I wrote a mail to the hotel reservation directly and explain the reason and our current situation. No responses! There are over 40 days from the date of my booking. I don't think the hotel can not do anything. From their behavior, I think this hotel just wants to take money! How Bad service they are.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel is not in Milan, but in Settimo Milanese, we discovered the difference when we tried to use the local bus with the metro tickets we had purchased earlier. The bus inspector told us “you are not in Milan, now”. The hotel overrides the distance to Milan, by offering a free twice-a-day shuttle to the first metro station at the end of Milan M1. That’s a great service, but if you want to go to rest for a while and go back in the city for supper, you’re kind of stuck. There is not much else in the nearest area, a mall and one or two restaurants few miles down the road. One of the restaurants delivers pizzas to the hotel, the other one, while taking a long evening walk, we saw the owner standing outside waiting for customers that will never show up. The staff at the reception can be kind if they want to be, got to force it. They must be overworked and underpaid (as all Italians are), when we got there on Sunday, the parking lot was packed and the hotel seemed to be full in every capacity. I wouldn’t smile either, if that was my job. The rooms are fairly clean, but you can expect to find broken things, like the door of the shower, the toilet seat, the rust around the ceiling fan, the paper wall coming off etc. If they don’t organize maintenance services soon, in one or two years, the hotel will have become a dump. And the current relation price quality will then be no longer acceptable. If you stay there for more than two days, breakfast becomes a real drag, the selection of foods was less than average on the first day, and it got worse every day after that.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank d m
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Clean and modern Hotel for a good price (if there is no fair!). Its not central but is good reachable by Car. Breakfast is simply luxoriuos for an Italian Hotel. Stayed there for one night and were very satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Lt.Karotte
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel on our way to Lucca.

I booked to hotel because of it's rooms for 4 persons (we are two adults and two children aged 6 and 9 years).

When we arrived and saw the room we thought that there had been a mistake. The room was very small and the second bed (a sofa bed) was only sligtly wider than a single bed. It was also very unconfortable (hard).

Good things about the hotel:
- the rooms are clean
- the hotel is rather new
- the bathroom is big (they should have used some of that space for the bedroom instead)

Bad things:
- the 4 person rooms are not suitable for 4 persons.
- the beds are very hard
- the pillows are hard
- the aircon is very noisy (I cannot remenber a hotel which had such noisy aircon anywhere else)
- the breakfast is very basic and is available in a sort of canteen (no service)
- there is no pool

I fail to understand how this hotel has gotten 4 stars. It is more like a bad copy of a 2 star Ibis hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Idea Hotel was a very nice hotel and had very friendly staff. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was great and there was so much to choose from. The hotel is centrally located and it was very easy for us to find our way around. very close to a local grocery store so we were able to get lots of bottled water there which was very cheap! I would stay here again if we decide to go back to Italy!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

we have arrived around 20:00. In the reception we found a queue of 10 pax. that's not a problem for us, but when after 25 minutes came our turn, we made check in and went up to our room, but we couldnt open our door. I came down, and they changed my key, I went up, same problem. Dont forget the queue))). Receptionist informed us that we have to wait until they solve problem with key making mashine. I asked can you please send someone to open our door (with hotels master key) and then solve your problem and send our keys up to our room. Receptionist said ok and send porter to open our room. Already one hour past since we arrived!! Room has no electricity. Porter said, dont worry, we will solve problem right away. Every 20 minutes while sitting in the dark room and calling reception over the phone answer was: stay in the room, in 5 minutes we will solve the problem. After one hour in the room without electricity (just sitting on the bed), they called and said, can you come done to pick up your key!!!!! Two hours waiting in the middle of the night in the dark!!! And I have to go and pick up the key! I have explain them in the morning that in all hotels in the world time to time something not working. Important is how you handle those problems. Never again to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple