Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City
$173
$320
$271
1,247 results
All reviewssondrio metro stationyellow linehotel doornice hotelsmall gymsuperior roomtop flooran upgrademinute walkstaff at receptionconvenient locationhighly recommend this hotelbusiness tripmini barmalpensa airportthe air conditioninglake como
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked this place for a night mainly it is close to the Central station and I have the Ambassador Gold. Room is the smallest of all the hotels I've stayed in this trip but clean, modern and functional as in most photos.

Liked:
- Hotel right above Sondrio station, the M3 line that goes directly to the Duomo. Convenient.
- Clean tidy rooms. Cannot fault.
- helpful staff.

Dislikes:
- There is no convenient store nearby. It's kind of a business/industrial feel to the area and nothing is open at night and gets quiet.
- It is one train station away to Central station. I found it awkward deciding if I should walk or take the train. with my luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the window to the courtyard. Not much of a view but is quite and on a nice day, you can leave the windows open.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed in July and now in october at the CP Milan City. It has a perfect situation and you have a direct subway under the hotel, who connects directly the touristic places (Duomo,...).
The breakfast is correct (and only 12 euro). There is no swimmingpool and no ClubLounge for PC members. Nice sunny terrace. The rooms are OK. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having previously stayed at the Crowne Plaza in San Donato, near Linate airport whilst in Milan on business, I decided to stay at the hotel in the city, as there is little to do in San Donato in the evening.

The hotel is a short walk from the central station, which makes it convenient if you are arriving on the Malpensa express or by train from somwehere else in Italy. The Sondrio metro station on the yellow metro line is also directly beneath the hotel, and within a few stops you can be in Montenapoleone or Duomo in the direction of San Donato.

The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the rooms freshly refurbished with a funky and modern interior.

I didn't have time to eat or drink in the hotel so I can't comment on those facilities.

Overall this hotel is a much better choice than the property in San Donato and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our tour spent the first night in this Crowne Plaza hotel and found the room small but modern and very clean. The bed, AC, bathroom, and lobby areas were up to the level you come to expect from a Crowne Plaza enterprise. Breakfast was included and was such a nice and welcome change of pace from the dinner included the night before. Dinner was a steamed chicken leg section, pasta, and steamed potatoes. What I wouldn't have given for a salad or a nice, green vegetable! One man was serving the entire 38 person tour and no one could place an order for drinks of any kind. Not a great first impression. Breakfast was probably the best we had during our whole 10 day tour of Italy (we stayed at 4 hotels) but the eggs were soupy; the bakery choices more than made up for that. It was so convenient to the airport and there are some neighborhood places you can stroll to if you are looking for a little exercise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is situated quite nicely with it's own stop below (Sondrio) and a walk away from Centrale. But the Sondrio station is being fixed so go to where me and my colleague needed to go (Milan Convention Center) - we had to walk to Centrale but coming back we can go down straight to Sondrio.

We had a junior suite and I must say that for a suite it was quite small - the sitting area was next to nothing. But the room was tastefully designed. Weird as well that for a Junior Suite breakfast in not included.....

Room Tip: I didn't see the regular rooms but the junior suite is not as big as you would think so I would suggest getting a regular room....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business