“Much more than just a b&b”

Casa del Teatro Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 74 Mantua B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Had a little trouble to get to the B&B by car, but once you managed - waht a pleasant surprice in this lovely town. Just a few steps from downtown i a classic italian house.Well kept - clean and very warm. Great welcome by Maria - and room with style and to the quiet side of the street. On the 1.floor - room with coffe/tea maker, small cookies and free water. Ofcourse wi-fi like everywhere in Italy. The bathroom with all you need - modern facilities and clean.
The breakfast - wonderfull bread (you don´t find that everywhere!) - chees, fruit, cakes - and wonderful coffe and juice.
Book it - and spend some time in Mantua- great city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in! Casa del Teatro is located in an old palace, just a walking distance to the center. The room was fantastic - with a spacious bathroom, wooden ceiling, windows on both sides, very comfortable. But the greatest thing about the hotel is Maria who makes you feel at home, or as if you were staying with friends. And this is actually so. Maria becomes your friend, very attentive, caring, eager to help and do everything possible to make you stay there very pleasant and relaxing. I was going on a tour early next morning, and Maria prepared and brought my breakfast to my room the evening before the trip. There was enough food for 2-3 persons! And juice, water, tea and coffee are free. The only negative thing was that I stayed there just for one night. I wish I could stay longer.
Dear Maria, thank you again for all your help! I will definitely stay there again when I go to Mantova next time (hope, I will be lucky to get a free room).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Elena-Gioia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Well , we had an amazing welcome too ! We had got lost whilst driving into the city , after crossing the lagoon on the wonderful bridge we were let down by our sat nav. We were saved by the owner of the B & B coming to us and directing us to the B & B- many thanks Maria.
We were met by a delightful young lady who made us feel totally at home , the room indeed totally surpassed our expectations too.
I can only repeat all that was said by previous reviewers : clean, beautiful, comfortable, wonderful toiletries and outstanding service. ! Thankyou so much Maria and Andrea , you are wonderful

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We received a most unusual welcome - but ultimately it did not matter. We arrived before midday and the staff were very confused, then we got stuck in an unusual lift, where you had to keep your finger on the button. The hosts told us you couldn't hire bikes without a day's notice, but in fact we went down to the shop and hired them without difficulty. But the room was very spacious and well appointed, with beautiful wooden floors and windows and lovely furniture. So forget about the strange people running the place - it's a good place, good breakfast, quiet, right besides the shops.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We had travelled for five weeks through Italy before heading into Mantova and staying in this B&B. This place is BY FAR the BEST accommodation we stayed in eventhough it was one of the most affordable ones we booked. Totally surpassed our expectations! Our room was very clean with lots of space. It actually looked new to me. The room had a kettle (I like my hot drink on demand), biscuits, bottled water, tea and teacups, mini fridge etc. Bathroom and shower was so comfortable size wise, and its fixtures and look reminds me more of a 5 star hotel bathroom (without a tub) then a B&B. Even the toiletries they provided were 5 stars: toothbrush-toothpaste sets,cotton pad and cotton buds and moisturizes among the rest were certainly not expected but there they were! Location was great too as it was an easy 8 min walk from the train station and 3 minutes into the old town. The bonus was Andrea, who really looked after us, gave us suggestions on what to do in town, and bought special food for breakfast to cater for my husband's food allergies. This B&B was a wonderful place for us to rest and recharge after all that traveling. If I ever get a chance to visit Mantova again I would make sure I stay here again even if it meant changing my schedule. Out of 5 stars, I give 8! :)

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Marzpunny
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in this B&B for one night. During our one week stay in Italy, this was our nicest accomodation. It is located quite centrally in the historic center of Mantova and occupies a large residential house. Everything is renovated to a classic but modern standard with a lot of light colors and cool marble. Room and bathroom were quite spacious and very clean. There was airco, safe and fridge in the room. We were very happy with the breakfast: you could have fresh espresso or cappucino, teas, juices, all kind of pastries, fruit, cereal, nice breads .... much more variety and of higher quality than we had anywhere else for breakfast in Italy. And last but not least the staff was very helpful to plan our sightseeing and gave us great restaurant recommendations to authentic places off the tourist path. Mantova is really worth visiting, and when I do so again, I would try to stay in the casa del teatro again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Great central location, beautiful room, well-functioning A/C (a must!!), tasty and thoughtful breakfast, and most importantly - a personal, sincere and caring atmosphere by the owner!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple