We are a young couple who travel often and rely on trip advisor to choose great hotels with a fair price. Hotel Belvedere has the potential to be very special but, unfortunately it is not, because it neglects some aspects that could be easily solved. Here's our view of pluses and minuses:
+ Very romantic location and the view from the room is one of the best in the island
+ Renovated rooms in parquet, airy, fresh and clean...Ours was the one with terrace and it was quite large. The terrace is fantastic.
+ Free boat pick up service for customers arriving in the evening or at night, after the public boats stop working. The boat trip to the island in the evening is, by itself, a very special moment
+ The price is fair
+ The heating works well and so does and internet
+ The service is friendly
And now the minuses, which jeopardize everything:
- The ‘double bed’ is simply two old single beds put together under the same sheets. If you are a couple, either each of you sleeps strictly on your side or, inevitably, one of you will have an uncomfortable sleep due to the beds tearing apart
- The bed cover is very old fashioned and gives the same look to the entire room. The room would look much nicer with a different cover or a normal duvet.
- The only ‘curtains’ are just that very thin white tissue, transparent. There are no opaque curtains to block the sun light. So if you are not used to it, you will wake up early.
Finally, a couple of things that are OK but could be improved. The breakfast is served from 8:15 to 10 (which is somewhat early, in our opinion)... maybe because we got there at 9:45 there was not much choice anymore. For dinner we tried the restaurant in the day of our arrival. It has a nice view but the food is just OK. We suggest that you specifically request to be seated in the main room, because it is much nicer than the adjacent room. If the weather is good, seat outside.
All in all, the hotel is OK for one night, but in our opinion could be much better if it improved on some aspects, especially the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Belvedere, located on the quite Isola dei Pescatori, is the right place to forget about stress and relax on the sound of the lake's waves. It is located in and historical building, recently renewed. Six of the 8 double rooms have the see on the lake; all of them have the private bathroom with shower or bath tub, heating, air conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, WIFI connection free of charge. Our restaurant has a wide dining room on the lake and is open every day, for lunch and dinner. The island is connected to the mainland by the public boats, leaving from Stresa and Baveno every 30 minutes, from 8 a.M. To 7 p.M. We can organize a transfer by motorboat after 7 p.M. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Hotel Stresa
- Hotel Belvedere Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore