1,518 results
All reviewssky barlakeside poollake maggioresalt roomdining roomisola bellafront lawnlovely hotelscrambled eggs and baconhotel guestsroom was spaciousfantastic viewsroof terracelake view roomsun loungershead waiterreception staff
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Lago Maggiore is a beautiful place to visit and La Palma has a wonderful view. The women who greeted us was rude and unfriendly. They put us on the 1st floor with one bed and out view was a construction site. When we ask for help or directions we get a cold response. Terrible representation by staff of a hotel

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
9  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We arrived for a brief one night stay and regretted that we did not stay longer. We were warmly greeted at Hotel La Palma and enjoyed fabulous views of Lago Maggiore from our room. Great location, easy walking distance to waterfront and downtown area. Rooftop bar was a great place to enjoy conversation with friends at sunset. Modern rooms in a grand old hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Stayed here at the end of our four week Italian trip. Called from Florence to add another day to our stay and they accomodated us which was wonderful. We booked a deluxe room overlooking the lake and it was gorgeous, beautifully decorated, very clean, nice large shower with lots of hot water. The large windows let us enjoy looking at the gorgeous view of the lake, islands and mountains every day. The hotel has a very nice bar area which prompty served coffee, drinks and snacks to all guests. The interior was spotless, very pretty and well lit. We enjoyed our breakfasts which were plentiful with meats, cheeses, fruits, and the best breads which was absolutely delicious every day. In fact, their apple croissants were the best I have tasted anywhere in Europe, including France. Loved the cappuccino itoo. We only ate dinner there once and enjoyed the meal but we wanted to try other restaurants. I would lower the lights a bit in the restaurant during dinner and maybe play a little soft music since some of the larger tour groups talking was too loud for us. We definitely enjoyed coming back to the hotel after visiting the different islands and going upstairs to the top of the hotel where there was a beautful bar area, pool, plenty of seats to enjoy a bird's eye view of the lake. Having a drink or coffee in the sun watching the activity along and in the lake was fabulous. Another host or hostess to provide drinks and snacks more promptly were needed when there were lots of people there. Think a lot of guests just stayed up there in the pool/jacuzzi and and went to the spa too. We did not use them mainly because I was very sick. I must note that when I arrived I was very ill and did not know how bad I was. I asked for an emergency doctor visit and the concierge was wonderful, calling a fantastic local doctor who came to my room, examined me and gave me antibiotics. I very much thank them since I did not even realize how bad my condition was until I returned home. We enjoyed our stay and appreciated how much the staff was so professional, welcoming, and accommodating. I hope that the increased number of tour groups visiting does not change the wonderful ambiance of a very relaxing, beautifully situated hotel. it's proximity to the boats going to the islands is a huge plus and it's very, very easy to talk a short walk into downtown Stresa for shopping and restaurants. This is a wonderful place to stay in Stresa and I highly recommend it for all travelers. Grazie.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake, loved the high floor, very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vmerr
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel. Great staff great location and loyalty rewarded. This is our third time here and we are never disappointed. From the time we booked we were warmly greeted and looked after. Stefano, Gianluca and Alessandra were all so helpful. Thank you for making us so welcome. Massages are also wonderful as is salt room. A must when in Stresa is also the rooftop. All in all hotel La Palma has it all. We will return.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank NounouDromana
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We stayed two nights at La Palma and found the service to be better than that at many five star hotels we have stayed. We had booked a lakeside room and were upgraded to a junior suite on the north corner of the sixth floor. The room #603 had recently been renovated and the manager at the front desk personally showed us to our room of which he was justly proud. The room had a large entry way with spacious storage closets. The bathroom was large with two sinks and a walk-in shower and travertine everywhere. There was a seating area with a fold out bed alongside the large bed. The bed was comfortable but the sleeper sofa was hard. The room had an enormous terrace that extended around two sides of the hotel affording a wide-angle view of Stresa, the mountains behind the hotel and Lago Maggiore. It had two large lounge chairs, a table with four chairs and a comfortable love seat where we spent early evening our first day. On the top floor above our room, there was a small heated infinity pool and an outdoor bar with 360 degree views. We spent our second evening enjoying cocktails before dinner in this lounge. It was very relaxing and the views were spectacular. Food in the restaurant was very good and service was ok. There were two tour groups in the hotel and I think the staff was distracted by them. Still they made us feel special by giving us a lakeside table each night and accommodating our dietary restrictions within the fixed menu of the modified American plan. I am gluten intolerant and never find a restaurant with gluten free ravioli or lasagna. This restaurant had both; I tried them both on different evenings. Front desk staff and porter service was excellent. It was professional but not stuffy. I highly recommend this hotel. We travel a lot and do not give "excellent" ratings often.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for room 603.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple