1,520 results
All reviewssky barlakeside poollake maggioresalt roomdining roomfront lawnisola bellalovely hotelscrambled eggs and baconhotel guestsroom was spaciousfantastic viewsroof terracelake view roomsun loungershead waiterreception staff
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Excellant hotel in ideal location alongside an attractive lakeside prom, a few hundred metres from the main railway station, Stresa town and Lake Maggiore ferries.The meat courses at dinner were beautifully cooked, the staff were friendly and efficient and the 7th floor roof top terrace with sun beds and relaxing chairs was a delight on the sunny days or hours. Even the 6th floor small but modern gym had wonderful panoramic views.Don't miss Villa Taranto gardens (especially in mid April to mid May), the Lake Maggiore Express and the Borromeo Islands on your visit, but do come prepared for English rain occasionally in Spring!

Room Tip: If you can afford it a 3rd or 4th room overlooking the lake is ideal, failing that one at the south side. If the sun is out but not on your balcony go up to the 7th floor terrace.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trevorg1uk
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Good location for the train station and town.
We had booked a room with a balcony and side view of the lake but were offered an upgrade to a front facing roomon 4th floor. We were glad we took this option as so enjoyed sitting on our balcony with the lovely view both in the day and at night when all the lights come on.
The room could be considered dated I suppose but not in any way shabby. The bed was very comfortable.
It was generally quiet BUT the rooms all have electric shutters. We didn't use ours but the guests in an adjacent room did and we were woken each morning at 7am with the noise of them opening the shutter. They also chose to use their spa bath at 7.30 one morning and that disturbed us.
The breakfast was typically continental but plentiful.
The room and breakfast staff were pleasant and efficient but I was disappointed that despite a pleasnt welcome the staff were dismissive on our departure not even politely saying goodbye

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicnac49
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed 5 nights here, a beautiful corner suite with a fablous view! The rooms were outdated, but still very nice. Staff were excellent, and the rooftop pool area was wonderful!
Food was delicious, and everyone was very helpful!
Thank you so much! It was our honeymoon and all of you made it memorable!
Ron and Maureen

Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Maureen T
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Have just returned from four night stay at hotel la palma. Lovely, family hotel. Very friendly staff. Room ideal with lake view. Half board was good, just one course I didn't like but everything else good. The new roof top terrace is very stylish just wish we had the weather to enjoy it. The spa and gym also fab. The hotel could market both the Spa and roof terrace more as they are a great addition. Best days out are train to Milan for the day, lake maggiore express ferry and train and Isola Bella island. Also Tomascussi agency very helpful with hotel transfer.
We really enjoyed our stay but much better when the sun shines.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank abberleyGb
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is overall the best hotel I have stayed in Italy so far. The location is excellent, right in front is the lake and only 5 - 10 minutes walk to the pier. The lobby is elegant and the rooms have very large balconies. The lake-view rooms were also very reasonably charged (147 euro/night) during the peak travel season of September when I was there compared to most 4 star hotels in Italy. I reserved a lateral lake-view room and I had a nice view of the lake and Isola Bella and also the nice area nearby from the balcony. The balcony is also very nicely decorated with plants. The breakfast area, which is actually the restaurant, is elegant and large and it is also open to the garden outside and you get a nice view of the garden and lake when enjoying breakfast in the morning. The breakfast buffet is also bountiful. They have a very full staff at the reception who is very professional and helpful. When I checked in, the receptionist would even walk me to my room. The room is spacious and clean. However, the decor is just OK. The great thing is the largee balcony and view of the lake. Therefore, I would recommend to get a lake-view room if you stay there. The bathroom is also huge and has a jacuzzi tub. They are also the only hotel by the lake in Stresa that own a lakeside pool across the street. It is very convenient to go over there to sunbathe and enjoy the lake. I have really enjoyed my stay there. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Must choose a lake-view room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo