New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Stresa
Moray Scotland
“Would love to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were given a holiday to this hotel from our family, Re Golden Wedding, it didn't disappoint, from the minute we arrived it had the Wow factor. !! Staff all very helpful and attentive, lovely quiet room, and fantastic view from balcony over the gardens and pool. The location too is really great. So central.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Swimming2059

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ponce, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Your first view is that of flower covered balconies, beautiful stained glass and grand entrances as if out of the golden age movies. The hotel is decorated in the 1920's style including a grand foyer. Although the outdoor pool is very nice and is surrounded by flowers and nice foliage, is the indoor pool which is breathtaking, looking like a cavern it also has a built in jacuzzi with seating for relaxation. The pool floor has shells, starfish and seahorses covered cleverly by an epoxy which simulates the sea. They also have a very comprehensive spa facility. The rooms are nice although not breathtaking but the location more than makes up for it. Must be careful with the side rugs as they are extremely slippery. Everything is within walking distance and the lake is right in front. Breakfast was extensive and waiters were happy to bring a cappuccino or double espresso. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a lakeview room for a magnificent experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Cotswolds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Regina Palace Hotel Stresa/Lake Maggiore Italy.
7 Nights from 24th June to 1st July 2014.
This was our main destination for a group holiday with ‘Great Rail Journeys’
We had a beautiful room (411) complete with chandelier and a balcony overlooking the lake, which is a real treat in Italy. We were at the front of the hotel and had lovely views of the lake and local islands.
The room had a mini bar, safe and plenty of storage for your personal belongings.
There is free WiFi available in the hotel, previous reviews mentioned some problems. On arrival I checked and I could make a connection with a basic ‘Hiport link’ BUT it wasn’t good enough to use with say ‘WhatsApp’. I spoke with reception and they gave me a ‘scratch card’ to obtain FREE high speed access to the internet. This card, once scratched gives you a User Name & Password. It has a total limit on it but I didn’t use it all. However,I still had some annoying issues with it, in that it would drop out soon after you stopped using it and re-establishing the link wasn’t always easy as you couldn’t get any internet access to sign on again on the basic HiPort non scratch card connection at times of high demand.
I have an early iPhone and I would go to my settings - Wi-Fi and re-establish the basic HiPort link. Then using my google browser I searched for the ‘www.hiport.net’ given on the scratch card. I clicked on the first option and you get a picture of someone’s hand on a keyboard plus other pics. – Scroll over to the right of that page where you will see a link to sign in as you did originally. RE input your ‘User Name & Password from the scratch card and you are back in business.
The above sounds difficult but it soon becomes second nature. Hope it works for you!!
The staff are generally excellent. The waiting staff are friendly and very polite and efficient. Some made time for a bit of fun but always watching to see what you needed and asked if your meal was ok. The public rooms were very grand but not in the least bit uncomfortable or unwelcoming. The food was very good with a very extensive breakfast buffet and good choice for the few evening meals we had there as part of our package. Drinks in the bar were quite expensive but there were plenty of places nearby to get something a bit cheaper if you wished. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in a wonderful location only 8 minutes walk from the very pretty and interesting town.
The gardens, outside pool area and bar were excellent as was the indoor pools, gym and other facilities.
My Tripadvisor restaurant shortlist for eating gave me: Mama Mis, Caffe Torino, Taverna Del Pappagello and La Botte, Also the best Ice Cream Riva Est SNC Di.

HOWEVER, retain a good record of what you buy and what the cost is against your account! I have a very simple but easy to use account App on my phone called ‘Money Monitor’ which I use for all holidays. This comes in very useful when you want to settle your bill at the end of your stay. On my last morning I collected a copy off my bill and it was 21 Euros more than I expected. I asked to see the slip for that amount and it clearly was not my signature. The receptionist apologised and redid my bill less the 21 Euros. We then got our packing done and assembled with the other members of our group ready to board our coach to get to our next train on the journey home. The coach was just about to leave and our group leader quietly asked me to get off the coach as there was a dispute over my bill. On arrival at reception I was met with the earlier receptionist and one of the waitresses who serve in the bar. She strongly stated that I had had the drinks making up the 21 Euros. I said no I hadn’t and my signature was not on that slip and I showed my signature on my card and pointed to my signature on other slips. She ran through the drinks that I had the previous evening, 30th June and I said yes I had had those drinks last night. But not only was it not my signature the slip but it was dated for the 26th June. Very reluctantly, it was I think, accepted I hadn’t underpaid. Our group leader stated it was the hotels mistake. I was very annoyed and embarrassed as all the others waiting on our coach must have felt I had not paid my bill!!
I left felling very sad that my stay at that hotel was spoilt by that issue.

3 Thank Jimlad69
Durham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Regina Palace for a week in early June as part of a tour group. I have stayed in hotels as part of a tour group before and my past experience has been that we are usually given the worst rooms in the hotel. I can only think that the Regina Palace mustn't have any bad rooms! Although small, it was a beautiful room complete with chandelier and a balcony, which is a real treat in Italy. We were at the back of the hotel but had lovely views of the grounds and the hills behind. The staff were excellent. The waiting staff were friendly but super efficient. They always had time for a bit of fun but always watching to see what you needed. The public room were very grand but not in the least bit unrelaxing. The food was good with a very extensive breakfast buffet. Drinks were quite expensive but there were plenty of places nearby to get something a bit cheaper if you wished. This is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at in Italy and in a wonderful location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank lundy1
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel certainly has the Wow factor when you arrive. Very impressive inside and out. The best thing about it is the location - three/four minutes walk to the town centre. Lovely for an after dinner stroll. Our room was spacious, but agree with an earlier comment on the rugs slipping. Care needed. Also bathroom sounds from neighbouring room were rather noticeable. Balconies are very small and WiFi useless. Easier and quicker to go to one of the bars/cafés in the town where it is free and speedy.

Being on a tour the menu selection was limited but most of the time the choice was adequate if unadventurous. The staff, especially the waiters were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble and they had a great sense of humour.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
2 Thank Vanya C
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Staff were so friendly and accommodating, hotel was stunning. The spa is a must see and use all the facilities, it was very relaxing. Breakfast was great a vast array of food. We really enjoyed our stay.

2 Thank Laura C
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

A very nice hotel, we got impressed by the opulence, which also hindered us at first. But we had a great time in the outdoor pool area, the soccer field and in the especially the indoor pool. Breakfast was excellent, and so is the location. They had a Ferraris display on the front lawn, which the kids loved.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LuliRickli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stresa
Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees
Astoria Hotel
Astoria Hotel
#12 of 36 in Stresa
4.0 of 5 stars 395 reviews

Been to Regina Palace? Share your experiences!