A friend and I stayed at the Regina Palace for a week in early June as part of a tour group. I have stayed in hotels as part of a tour group before and my past experience has been that we are usually given the worst rooms in the hotel. I can only think that the Regina Palace mustn't have any bad rooms! Although small, it was a beautiful room complete with chandelier and a balcony, which is a real treat in Italy. We were at the back of the hotel but had lovely views of the grounds and the hills behind. The staff were excellent. The waiting staff were friendly but super efficient. They always had time for a bit of fun but always watching to see what you needed. The public room were very grand but not in the least bit unrelaxing. The food was good with a very extensive breakfast buffet. Drinks were quite expensive but there were plenty of places nearby to get something a bit cheaper if you wished. This is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at in Italy and in a wonderful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Turn-of-Century 6-story Hotel in garden setting on shores of Lake Maggiore, facing Borromean Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Regina Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regina Palace Hotel Stresa
- Regina Palace Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore