This is a grand, grand hotel in a picture-perfect position opposite the lake. There are walking tracks along the lake and the local township is compact and picturesque. There is a lovely big outdoor pool area and gardens and also a pleasant indoor pool.
We were part of a group tour and, unfortunately, were given room 533 which is postage stamp size, with nowhere to put suitcases, and no view. We were able to obtain a suitcase stand but this meant putting a chair in the hall outside as there was simply no room to move. However, our room had a fridge and a reliable room safe. there was a quick, large lift to our floor.
Dinner was lovely, with free wine, and breakfast was excellent.
WiFi was horrifically expensive so we didn't use that.
Other parts of the hotel are, no doubt, better with larger rooms. We were just unlucky and there were no spare rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Turn-of-Century 6-story Hotel in garden setting on shores of Lake Maggiore, facing Borromean Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Regina Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regina Palace Hotel Stresa
- Regina Palace Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore