“A great evening of fine food, service and ambience”

Trattoria Due Piccioni
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Stresa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: family run restaurant with local products and traditional regional recipes. no grilled sea fish or classic italian like lasagna o spaghetti a la bolognaise.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“A great evening of fine food, service and ambience”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This restaurant deserves all the plaudits it receives.if you find more welcoming ,smiling and helpful service anywhere then please let me know.
Complaints about the size of the menu are misguided.This is a fine restaurant not a cafe that serves everything to everyone! I had homemade pate with rustic toast whilst my wife chose the goats cheese which came with a dressed salad. Both were wonderful. We both then chose the suckling pig and had two different cake desserts to finish.
Everything was calm and reserved and so far from the madding crowd. A wonderful evening which we would repeat anytime.
Treat yourselves but you will need to book

• Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent little restaurant, good value”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little restaurant that offers excellent food, service and good value for money. Missed out first night because it was full and you need to book to secure one of the 12/13 tables, which we did.

We shared the homemade pate to start which was great and enough for two. Suckling pig and mixed fish for mains which is recommended. Semifreddo and coffees to complete a lovely evening

Good value meal with excellent service, went back and was not disappointed.

Visited August 2014
Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovskaya obl., Russia
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I liked this restaurant,everything I ordered was tasty. Just wish they hadn't so limited menu and extended the hours of operation.

Visited July 2014
Towson, Maryland
“One of the best meals in Italy”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This charming little place was fairly quiet, and the whole front of the house was handled by two charming and efficient women.

The food is fantastic. Amazing risotto, fritto misto, in particular. We liked it so well, we went back a second night. And, it was a bargain compared to other menus we saw.

• Visited August 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Not T Be Missed:Real Italian Food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I travel to Italy for the weather and for the food. This year in Stresa the weather was not good. I was 4 days in Stresa before I came across Trattoria Due Piccioni and I had not been overly impressed with the restaurants I had visited. Then I came here .

Italian food as it should be. Simple, flavourful and bringing the best out of the ingredients.

Anyone who cooks knows that "Simple" is very hard to do, is unforgiving and must be done to a very high standard.

Needless to say I went back again and again.

Visited August 2014