Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees & SPA
$126
$120
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

Hotel Elena(Stresa)
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,694 results
All reviewshemingway suitelake viewdifferent themean art galleryernest hemingwayjunior suitean upgradeold worldstar hotelold stylepool area ismurano chandeliersisola bellabreakfast buffet isamazing hotelstep back in timepublic areas
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. Our room was very comfortable and the decor felt like old European. I loved the location of our room which was on the third floor overlooking the lake. We were on a walking trip and did not spend a lot of time at the hotel but found it to be enjoyable while we were there. My main complaint is that they charge for internet access. For the prices they charge, it should be included. You can sit near the reception desk and get free wifi but nowhere else. The meals in the dining room were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLB
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is amazing expensive but worth it the views were amazing staff were very hostile people kept taking pictures of the hotel witch was kool. I would defo go again. Great things to do pool quite cold though gardens good not a lot of kids but they love them amazing view of the island. Oh and this really kool kinda water show happens every hour with lights going up representing each country and a little song. Gardens good. Quite a lot of famouse people stayed there
.george collney
.queens sister
Etc

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Summer S
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The building is extremely grand, living up to its name, with wonderful interiors and our room was very well appointed. Staff were generally very helpful. We only had breakfasts, the dinners appeared to be a bit pricey, and these were ok, nothing special. One gripe, wifi was not free and at €7 for a reasonable speed, not cheap. A hotel of this stature should be offering free wifi in my opinion.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robin W
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My favorite hotels are kind of old-fashioned. But this place was a little bit past it's prime in a not-good way. Both the hotel and the surrounding area. It obviously used to be really happening, but it's not now. My companion compared the area to the Catskills. Now that air travel is cheap, why would you go to nearby mountains in the summer if you can fly from Milan to a beach? We were there off-season, but we knew that and my comments are taking this into consideration.

That said, it was still very nice. The grounds are very nice and the location was good. The room was nice, but not spectacular. We had bad luck with the weather and I would definitely return to explore the area a little more if given the opportunity. And I would probably choose to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The structure and the grounds are impressive and are located very close to the island ferries. The view of the lake from our balcony was really special, and the bathroom was well-equipped. As charming as the surroundings were, the inside of the hotel felt more outdated than it did classic. I'm not and expert on art nouveau, but there seem to be two ways people do it: the really right way, and the kinda-looks-a-little-forced-way, and the interiors here inched closer to the latter. I definitely noticed some peculiar decorative choices, particularly in the hallways, but also in the rooms and common areas. The place could use a revamp, but it was a very relaxing stay nonetheless.

On a side note, I had forgotten my credit card at a nearby restaurant the night before (blame the Barbera) which I only noticed once I was at the check-out desk. Once I explained I would have to get my card ten minutes away in order to pay, I was told I couldn't leave until I paid, which I guess was their way of telling me I looked like a flight risk. Didn't love that.

Moral of the story: don't forget your card around town, and, if you do, brush your hair before check-out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple