We have just returned from a week at the Simplon. The hotel is beautifully appointed with lush gardens surrounding it and a restaurant overlooking the pool.
We received the most welcoming and helpful attention from staff at all levels, from the lovely reception staff, maitre d and his staff and the room staff everyone was charming and polite.
- The rooms were beautifully appointed and bathrooms spacious and kept spotless, with beds being turned down at night as well as the mini bar stocks being checked every evening. A range of toiletries was topped up daily along with fresh towels.
- The meals were excellent with buffet style hot and cold breakfast, and in the evening buffet style starters and desserts were either side of hand prepared entrees and mains. A tip is to choose wisely as the food is very plentiful and excellent quality, my pasta entrees were the size of a normal meal!!
- we always need internet as we have to keep in touch with our work at home and were offered a series of packages to suit our requirements, with the first hour free, up the 24 hour coverage for 10 euros a day, or standard packages of varying sizes (we chose 10 hours for 20 euros which covered any time during the week)
We had read negative reviews before arrival about the noise of the road but as we live on an A road ourselves and our adult daughter travelling with us lives on the main A5 in to London we weren't overly concerned.
There was excellent high quality double glazing which cut out any road noise but it did become a problem because of the heat,
We were advised that the aircon could not go on until June and with the room temperature recording 26 degrees during a couple of nights we had to open the windows and this was very noisy with constant traffic and trains, both local and the Milan- Zurich express, throughout the night.
Once it was turned on for the final evening the problem was resolved, but it may be worth remembering if you are travelling late May that it could be very warm.
We were travelling with Thomson Lakes and Mountains and took most of their excursions. Baveno is an ideal place to start these from and the variery and different durations of these was good. from a short boat trip to Isola Bella & Pescatori, to a very long trip to Switzerland to Zermatt via the Simplon Pass to see the Matterhorn and then the culture of Milan. Everything was catered for and we also had temperatures from 3 degrees in the mountains to 30 degrees in Milan which made for an interesting variety of clothing requirements.
Over all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes their comfort and a bit of attention from excellent staff.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Simplon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baveno Simplon Hotel
- Hotel Simplon Baveno, Lake Maggiore, Italy