“Absolutely excellent, wish I stayed here all week”
Review of Hotel Marconi

Hotel Marconi
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Sirmione
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Absolutely excellent, wish I stayed here all week”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I moved to this hotel as I was staying in the Hotel Meridiana and wanted to be nearer to the water. When I went in to enquire if there was a room I was given a such a fabulous welcome from Carlo (a marked difference from the other hotel) that I immediately knew I wanted to stay here. Sadly I could only stay one night but will definitely be back to stay longer next year. I had a single room which, although was small, had a balcony from which you can see the lake. The room was clean and even had a kettle in it if you needed one. The hotel is right in the centre of Sirmione so excellent location and it's right on the lake so you can swim in the lake from the terrace. Carlo on reception was great, he would do anything to help you. He got me a sunbed when the others were being used, he told me about the bus from Sirmione direct to Verona and I bought a ticket from him (3.5 euros) and even though I turned up at 10am, well before check in as I just wanted to get there!, he was more than happy for me to go sunbathe and let me know when the room was ready. It was also OK for me to stay there sunbathing well after check out as my flight wasn't until later. He said they normally have a room guests can use to shower but they were fully booked up so couldn't offer me this, however there is a shower out by the terrace so I used that to get clean and then changed in the toilet, which was fine. The breakfast is amazing, a fantastic spread of pastries as well as everything else you need. There are so many good things about this hotel but the staff were brilliant. Compared to where I was staying before they were in a class of their own, especially Carlo! When you order an alcoholic drink (the Aperol Spritz is so refreshing) you always get a little snack to go with it, like a square of pizza or crisps, which was lovely, as well as bowl of olives. I can't wait to go back again and stay here for a week at least!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellingTree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Czech first
Arkansas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hotel Marconi is everything and more than I expected. I knew by the prompt correspondence and kindness that our stay would be good and that the hotel would be nice. However, it exceeded all my expectations.

The warm welcome and courtesy and helpfulness of the staff were superb. The staff obtained train tickets for us as well as helping with postal services to the U.S (for those who never correspond to the US via mail, this can be difficult finding the right postage stamps). Also, when we departed, we were given a nice complimentary sweet cake. It was the warmth and overall demeanor as well as professionalism that made Hotel Marconi special.

We had a triple room with a partial view. The room was extremely clean and the bathroom was a very nice size as well as being updated. Our balcony was small but nice. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked very well. Oftentimes, this can be a problem in all of Europe but not at Hotel Marconi.

The breakfast was to die for. We had everything from fresh fruit to croissants and many other kinds of sweet breads, cookies, biscottis, as well as cereals and meats and cheeses. Of course, the service was superb and the dining area outside in the back was beatuiful because it was right on the water.

Sirmione is a rather upscale tourist town with many hotel options with price ranges as high as you can imagine. While there are many other hotels much more expensive, I believe Hotel Maroni is the best and especially for the reasonable price and great location. It is also very easy to find and within walking distance if you arrive via ferry from the northern end of Lake Garda.

We absolutely loved Hotel Marconi. Sirmione is quite pricey but I would return just to have the experience of staying in Hotel Marconi one more time. We were treated like royalty. YOu can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with at least a partial view. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelbugqueen
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent a couple days in Marconi hotel in July before our daughter wedding. I picked that hotel base of people reviews and never regret it. The hotel was spot on. The location, comfortable beds, constant support and family feel are hard to find these days, and we found it all in there. There is not at all communication problems as younger family members are bilingual. We had an amazing two days, and I would like strongly recommend that place to anyone. I usually do not write reviews even though I travel extensively around the world and stay in many hotels. However, I thought that place deserve to be recognized.

Mirek

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mirek P
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hotel is situated 5 minutes walk from marina. Far enough from unwanted noises, but close enough to reach easily superior shops and restaurants. From marina you get access to most all cities around the lake, so you don't need a car. You can meet the old good North Italy on every corner. The most beautiful place I ever met. Please don't have any expectation, forget it, Hotel Marconi with them service cares of you better than your mother. :-) You can relax and trust them fully. There are hotels for family, there are hotels for elders, but what is interesting here that Hotel Marconi connects everybody. Doesn't matter who you are, when, or where you have born. Is only few places I can tell something as this. And please you don't need find out some restaurants for dinner at the evening, stay in hotel, because Mr. Gian Poalo Visani is cook miracle. About his breakfast cakes is speaking everybody, but he is simply perfect for lunch or dinner as well. If you want stay in Hotel Marconi I am strictly recommend you to book it now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jakub-Danes
Knislinge, Sweden
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is situated in the old town of Sirmione by Lake Garda. It is family run and the service offered to us was outstanding with a strong personal flavor. Rooms are nice, big enough and kept tidy. All tickets that we required was kindly and efficiently delivered. Restaurant recommendations were dead right. The hotel is listed by Michelin since many years back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas T
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in July 2013. People in this hotel is very friendly and helpful. Hotel itself is elegant. Breakfast is excellent with very fresh orange juice. This hotel makes me a very wonderful experience in Sirmione.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wei Ping T
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Marconi in late June and booked due to the very positive reviews.
The hotel is family run and you are treated like a guest in their own home, rather than
a customer. The hotel is really clean, rooms are spotless and views from the gardens on
to the lake are great. Plenty of outdoor seating but not enough sun loungers, you've got
to be up early to get one right on the lakeside.
Carlo is a perfect host and was always willing to help with enquiries on what to do in the area during our stay.
Breakfast is a pastry lovers delight with freshly baked pastries and cakes, alongside everything
else you would expect.
Sirmione is a lovely place but make sure you've got plenty of euros as its not exactly cheap.
We will definitely stay again when next holidaying in Lake Garda

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple