“Classic. Super”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

Classic. Superb food. Waiters never smile but they are friendly. Service at table. Wines reasonably priced. Defy it the cheapest restaurant in town but excellent view, surroundings great. Take the lake trout. Was delicious.

1  Thank filipfon
Write a reviewReviews (586)

Reviewed July 19, 2019

Not the cheapest of restaurants, but none are in central Sirmione. However the food is good, the staff friendly and an idyllic setting next to the castle and over looking the lake

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

Mussels cold, chicken cheap thigh cut and gristley , fish tasteless and poorly presented.
Service ok ish. €100 never again . We said that
last time this time we mean it! They trade on holiday makers and it’s not good.

Reviewed July 12, 2019

My wife and I have visited the above for some years past. When we were in Sirmione in June we went to the restaurant to book a table overlooking the lake but when we checked the menu our favourite chateaubriand was no longer included.
We decided to book a table anyway as the view onto the lake was glorious.
We started sharing the Prosciutto and Melon, and ordered the Steak with an amorone sauce. We both ordered our steaks to be medium rare.
We noticed that our steaks came out of the kitchen sans sauce and disappeared to arrive much later with sauce.
Both our steaks were not cooked to our request my wife’s might be described as medium to well done and mine was more well done. The waiter, during his normal round, asked how things were, so I pointed out that both our steaks were overdone but I didn’t want any fuss. However as we progressed through the meal we found both our steaks were very tough and the amorone sauce was, to say the least, rather plentiful, (too much)! We finally left much of the meal and asked for coffee awaiting some response to the return of the half eaten meals.
Eventually we asked for the bill and were told that we take the order slip on our table to the cash desk. There I expected to be asked if we were satisfied but I think, due to our demeanour, it was clear that such a question was not one that anybody in the restaurant wanted to ask.

Date of visit: June 2019
3  Thank FenTiger_9
Reviewed July 5, 2019

My wife and I had dinner at this place. Great menu and food in a very scenic location. Highly recommend for couples.

We had a view to the lake ( the lakeside was 3m from our table ) and to the old castle.

Great value for your money.